7

Madelines POV

"Listen...he doesn't know I told you. So please dont mention it to him. Wait until he decides to say something to you, okay?" Steven had just told me about his and Diegos conversation they had in the car. 

"Okay," I whisper while sitting on the edge of my bed. "Hey, dont be upset, okay? He was fucked up and wasn't thinking right." Steven rubs his hand on my back while trying to comfort me. 

"I can't be upset...we did it too. The worse part is, we were sober. We knew what we were doing." I look at Steven with regret filling my body. 

"I know. I'm sorry if that's stressing you out..." He whispers. 

I nod my head letting him know it was okay. I rested my head on his shoulder as Diego walked in the room. 

"Hey... I'm about to head out...you coming, Steven?" Diego glances at me before looking at Steven. 

"No. my flight is in the morning. I'll see you tomorrow though." Steven stands up. Diego nods his head then looks at me. "Will you walk me out?" He asks me. I look at Steven then at Diego. "Sure." 

I stand up and walk Diego outside to his car. "You know I love you, right?" Diego turns and looks at me while holding my hands in his. "Yes." I look down at the ground. 

"I promise you that nothing is ever going to come between us, okay? As soon as I get home from tour I swear things are going to be okay again. It'll be even better." He smiles. 

I look at him but he notices I dont smile back and decides to ask, "What's wrong?" he raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure if I want things to be the same when you get back..." I say quietly. Diego looks at me with hurt in his eyes then looks down at my hand, noticing I didn't have my ring on.

"Baby... I swear this is only temporary. I'm still in love with you. If anything, being away from you for this long is making me fall even deeper in love with you." His eyes had started to fill with tears. 

As I was just about to say something, Jamell's car pulls into the driveway. 

"Diego." I sigh. 

"Who the fuck is that?" He gets defensive as Jamell gets out of the car with a milkshake in one hand and food in the other. 

"He's just a friend Diego." I roll my eyes. 

"No. I dont want him here if I'm not here." He shakes his head. 

"Oh, so i cant have friends that are guys but you can be best of friends with Fionna?" I snap. Me raising my voice alerted Jamell and he sat the drinks and food down on the top of his car as he stood off to the side. 

Diego pursed his lips, knowing i was right. "At least i didn't fuck my friend while drunk off my ass." I continue. 

"Stop...please." Diego rubs his eyes. 

"I'm not even mad. I can't be mad." I shrug my shoulders. 

"What are you talking about?" Diego looks at me with suspicion. "All I'm saying, Diego, is that why should I be mad about something I expected?" I pull my hands out of his. 

"Baby...we're going to work on this. I promise. I want us to be..to be us again and i promise you that I'm going to fix this..." He rests his hands on my shoulders. 

"You didn't even use a condom, Diego." I shook my head. 

"I dont even remember it, Madeline!" He yells. I watch as Jamell walks up to us out of the corner of my eye.