Chapter 2: It Begins as Nothing

ஜ۩❀۩ஜ

After their thrilling flight, Caelus and Eleni returned to the ground safely.

"So, did you have fun?" Eleni scooped up at Caelus, just a few inches away from his face. His face turned a little red and he took a step backward.

"I-I honestly think that was the most eventful my life had ever been." He responded, taking a deep breath.

Eleni giggled. "I'm glad! It was the same for me! I'm so glad I came to the Human Realm!"

"Why did you come here?"

"Honestly, I was just super curious. And I guess something about the Human Realm felt very pulling. My thoughts gravitated towards it a lot. Stella told me it must be because there is something here that belongs to me. She even promised to come and help me find it, that's why I was disappointed when she disappeared. Once I find it I'll go back to question Stella. Oh, but not without exploring and learning about Earth first!"

Caelus raised an eyebrow. I felt the same gravity thing before the shooting star crashed. Weird.

"So as you are here now do you think you have a clue on finding that lost thing? What would you have done if you actually lost your memories?"

Eleni kept quiet for a while. Then she looked at the ground with a small uncertain shy smile. "I-I feel like I already have it. And just in case I did lose my memories, I wrote everything down on a paper I am keeping here in my waist pocket."

"Right. That same paper almost fell off so I tried to put it back in, but somebody really slapped me hard on the face for trying to do something nice. It felt nice though."

"A-anyway," Eleni waved her hands, clearly flustered. "C-Caelus, do you want to come with me to the Fairy Realm?" she fidgeted.

Caelus's eyes widened as he was taken aback at her question. "Let me think a bit."

He considered all the possibilities before making a decision. Would he want to stay here with a boring and frustrating life? Or would he want to go to a world where everything would excite him? Besides, he was a child who was apparently delivered to this family by some majestic woman. If Aella was right, then that would mean he could find his true identity on the other side.

Not only that, although it hadn't even been an hour, but the fairy before him brought with her the most fun he ever had in his entire life. More than anything, maybe he just didn't want to let go of her...

So his answer was,

"Yes."

A few sparks escaped Eleni's eyes as she smiled brightly.

"But how do we get there? Another meteor?"

"I'll take care of it so don't worry. Right now I'm tired and I wanna sleep." Eleni yawned.

"I'll prepare a bed in my sister's room. She'll see you in the morning though, she's probably asleep right now." Caelus replied.

ஜ۩❀۩ஜ

It was hard explaining to his parents about Eleni in the morning. Somehow, Aella seemed perfectly content with Caelus's and Eleni's broken explanations.

They took a look at the wings attached to Eleni's back to really believe their encounter. And the meteor outside their house.

"You really seem similar to my brother here," is what Aella said.

Eleni fidgeted her fingers nervously.

"What's wrong?" Aella asked.

"Uhhh. Well, I would really like to request something."