Chapter 29 (Rosie's POV)

After the whole situation in the warehouse, dad has decided to take me around London (he's promised that Sherlock or John won't find me). At the moment, we're traveling in this slim, grey car and I'm watching the busy London streets fly by. I haven't really spoken much since the 'incident'. "So dear, where to next?" Questions dad breaking the silence. "Hmm?" I say dazed, still concentrating on the scenery. "Well, I want to make our trip enjoyable. Pick a place, anywhere you'd like." He offers. "Anywhere?"
"Yes dear, anywhere."
"Well..." I hesitate as I decide on where to go. There's hundreds of places in London which makes it hard to choose. "Hamleys?" I suggest. Dad nods approvingly. "Of course dear. Just to let you know, I've booked us a reservation at The Ritz for lunch."
"The Ritz?!" I gasp in surprise. Dad titters. "Yes."
"Wait, how rich are you?"
"Very."

"So, what are you looking for dear?" Questions Dad as we search through the endless isles of toys. "I know it's childish of me to come here but I like the vibe here. I guess it's the innocence of childhood. Do you reckon they have violins?" I ask as we pause our searching. He pulls a questionable face and shrugs slightly. "I'm surprised we went to a toy store...I would ask the staff."
"Alright."
"If not, I'll take you to a music store, I know the perfect one. Or I could always get you a custom made."
"Maybe."
"I'll leave you to it dear...I'm feeling a bit claustriphobic." I nod as he winks, leaving me in isle. I browse through every isle for a staff member avoiding as many little children as I can. They're so irritating, I just went past this little boy who was screaming at his mother for an action figure. Maybe we should have just gone to a music store. I finally arrive at the instrument section, not even needing to ask anyone, and begin browsing each shelf. The only instruments here are the ones that you'd give a toddler for their first birthday. How stupid of me to come here, I think I'm just confused. Doctor Whittaker said that will happen with concussion. I let out a bored sigh and begin to exit the isle to find Dad. He should just be downstairs. "Rosie?!" Calls a deep voice in shock. My stomach pings and I turn around in an instant. There standing behind me is a slightly grey haired man in about his late forties. He has quite a strong appearance and looks as if he's someone in the police department. This man is staring at me in complete awe, eyes wide open in shock, as if I'm a celebrity. "Oh my God, I can't believe I found you! Where the hell have you been?!" He says stunned as he takes a few steps closer. Who is this man? How does he know me? I've never seen him before-
"So that's it then Sherlock?" Says the same man from behind the desk. His whole face is blurred, almost distorted. "Yup. Piece of cake. Rosie here helped me." Says Sherlock patting me on the back. The man smiles at me warmly. "Is that right little Miss Watson?" He asks. "Yes." I reply.-
I shake my head in disbelief, more confusion. "Sorry, how do you know me? Who are you?" I ask in bewilderment trying to back away. The mans face evolves into a look of perplex with added worry falling over. "What do you mean? It's me Lestrade." He lets out. "I'm sorry, who?" This man is starting to scare me, what if he's with Sherlock? I already have an escape plan mapped out just in case. "Greg Lestrade. Your fathers friend."
"Which one?"
"Sorry?"
"It's complicated."
"Uh, Sherlock. Rosie, where have you been? John and Sherlock have been so worried! Has something happened?" Sherlock, I knew it! "Get away from me! I don't know you! And I don't want anything to do with Sherlock!" I yell at him fretfully. I've now backed away right into the corner beside the stairs. Lestrade brings his hands up in front of him as if he's trying to calm me. "Rosie, stay here please. I'm bringing you home." He attempts to reassure me as he grabs his phone. "No!" I bolt right out of his way and practically jump down the stairs. Where is Dad? I dart past more kids and various isles trying not to bump into anybody. Is Lestrade running after me? I look behind me in fear and see no one, just the endless isles and people shopping. Taking this advantage, I bring myself into the nearest isle and catch my breath. They are shaky with terror and I'm still trembling. Then someone taps me on the shoulder causing me to jump in absolute fright and swing my arm towards them. However this fails as they catch my wrist in their grip and let go gently. I look up and see Dad peering down at me. In relief I jump into his arms finally safe at last. "Hello dear. Why are you so shaken up? Have you been running a marathon with the little kids?" He jokes as I release myself and shake my head. "We need to go now. A man called Lestrade found me, he works for Sherlock. I think he's after me...He said he was going to bring me home." I let out in a heap of panic. Dad looks a bit startled and takes me by the shoulder. "No need to worry dear, we're leaving."

"Sorry that today has been a bit all over the place dear. You don't really get a break when you're with me." Dad apologises as he peers at his menu. We've arrived at The Ritz and have sat at one of the small tables towards the corner. This place is extremely elegant with huge crystal chandeliers, beautiful water fountains and overall the most extravagant place I have ever seen. "No it's ok, don't apologise." I reply sweetly as I smile. He returns it and looks back to his menu. "So what would you like dear?" He asks me. "Caviar? I heard it's good." I request. "Of course. Anything else?"
"Just some toast, a pot of tea and a cream brownie please."
"Alright." Dad waves his arm to a nearby waiter and he joins us. "We'll take the caviar with toast, a cream brownie, tea, carbonara and some water." My dad orders. "Certainly sir. Is that all?" The waiter asks politely. "Yes, thank you." Dad rests his menu aside and grabs an apple from the fruit bowl, drawing out a small knife from his pocket. He starts carving into the apple, I wonder what for. "So, I did get one of my henchmen to collect a violin for you. It will be back at home, I hope that's ok with you?" Dad questions. "Yes, that's brilliant. Sorry about everything, I'm just confused." I apologise. "No, no, no dear, don't apologise. If we put that all aside then we've had a wonderful day. You've been great company."
"You too. So, who is Lestrade?"
"A friend of Sherlock's. He's a detective inspector for Scotland Yard."
"Oh, he's probably going to tell Sherlock about me."
"...yes. I just want you safe dear. Sometimes it's a lot to ask don't you think?"
"Yes."
"Here, catch." Dad says as he chucks me the apple he's been fiddling with for the past minute. I turn it over and embedded in the yellow flesh are the letters 'I O U'. "What do you owe me?" I ask. "Many things dear. For example, this." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small black box and hands it to me. I take it from his hand and lift up the cover. Inside is a silver necklace with a small charm which spells out my name. I lift it up out of the box and inspect it further. On the back of the charm with my name is my parents initials and a message 'We love you, JM MM x'. "Wow, it's lovely. Thank you." I thank dad happily and he smiles. "You're welcome dear, just thought you'd like it. A little token of our love."
"Yes, I do."
"Wonderful. Now,whilst we wait for food, how's your head?"
"It still aches. It is causing me a bit of confusion but at least I don't have memory loss-I think."
"Well, can I make sure?"
"Yes.."
"Think for me dear, what can you remember before you hit your head?"
"Um...not much." I don't really recall anything, only slight details. "Not even anything?"
"Well...there may be something."
"Yes?"
"It's on the tip of my tongue...hang on." I close my eyes and bring my hands to my temples.
-Someone, I don't know who, it's unclear. They're chucking my phone over a balcony, tormenting me, pointing a sniper at me...terrible inhumane things...Sherlock.
"Yes. It's memories of Sherlock. I can't quite remember you or mother but I can remember him. But...he tormented me. He-he tried to kill me or at least attempt to using a sniper. I think he drugged me with chloroform...but I don't know why. He was taking me to see some friend and I don't know who." By now I realise a few tears have slipped from my eyes. I'm crying. I wipe my face with my sleeve. Human emotions. "Oh God, I'm so sorry dear. That's-thats horrible." Dad sympathises. "What about you Dad? Do you remember anything?"
"Yes dear, I do. I saved you."
"What?"
"Sorry, I've never told you. But I'm able to now as you understand."
"Yes..."
"I don't know who his friend was either, but I had my men searching for you after your mother found out you were still alive. I found you dear, dazed,  completely out of your mind in the back of his flat. Me and my men broke in whilst he wasn't there and saved you..." Dad looks on the verge of tears, distraught from the memory. "It killed me to see you like that dear." He sniffles a bit. "Come here." I join him in a long hug as he holds me longingly in his arms. He takes a deep relieving sigh as he holds me close. "He's destroyed us all dear. Almost everything. Even John. I took a fall for you dear, otherwise I would have lost you. That monster must be avenged."
"How?"
"We must stop him before it's too late. You must stop him."
"Oh, I know how." I speak through clenched teeth. "I'll kill him. He'll pay."