2. Cryin' Cutie Kissin'

Chapter 2: Cryin' Cutie Kissin'

Aurora Monet's P.O.V.

Today's been exhausting. I've been avoiding Adam and Jacob like the plague, and they've obviously been doing the same. It's good, I guess, but it hurts. Especially since I never did anything wrong! Sigh. Whatever. School was over, and I left my keys in my gym locker. I enter the girls' locker room and retrieve my house keys. As I exit the locker room I can hear faint sobbing. I walk parallel the bleachers, going closer to the sound clearly coming from the silhouette of the other person in the gymnasium. As I get close enough to identify the person sitting there, I finally realise it's the mean girl from earlier's boyfriend.
Ha. She is a mean girl. Like in the movies.
I hope Evil Yvonne doesn't come around some corner to try to kill me or anything.
This is not what Rihanna meant when she sang wild thoughts.
"Um, hi there," I say nervously as I go up to him cautiously. He lets out these cute little sniffles as he looks up, well slightly up...he's so tall..., at me.
"Hey," he says softly and looks down. I sigh and sit next to him.
"Um," I almost ask if he's okay, "What's wrong?" Another cute sniffle.
"My girlfriend, Yvonne, just dumped me, and left," he says softly and getting a little choked up at the end. Awe that sucks. Can't believe she did that. She brings shame to all other Yvonnes, with not just her attitude, but the fact that she had a cutie and then tossed him with no reason behind it. Shame I tell you, shame.
"Aww, I know what that's like," I instinctively place my hand on his shoulder, "I've been left quite a few times myself. It's heartbreaking at first." He looks at me with furrowed brows. Look buddy, I don't even know where I'm going with this right now.
"But, I heard, or maybe read, somewhere that stuff like this is for the best, and helps you find your way to something better, " I'm just saying optimistic stuff now, "Or something like that" And that is the art of bullshitting, I think. Damn it, he's still looking at me with those big beautiful puppy dog eyes of his. Wait a minute, his eyes are different colours. One's blue-green and and the other's hazel. Woah.
"I can't really see a good outcome from this right now," he tells me as he looks down at his lap. I search my mind for words.
"Look, you're really good looking. I'm sure you can...bag any girl you want. Maybe even have a hoe phase," the last part is off brand for me, "Um, I really don't want to recommend you being a hoe. I mean you seem really sweet. That's rare. You're a guy crying over a girl, who honestly probably doesn't even deserve you. That's like so.." Oh my gosh! I just lost focus on him for like five seconds! When did he start silent crying?! Tears are slowly dripping down his face.
My heart stopped. I was like this once. Just a mess, like him. I grab his face and turn him to look at me.
"Listen, I know it hurts. I've really been there. It feels like your heart got ripped out of your chest and got stomped on. You feel less than you're really worth cause of another stupid human being who doesn't deserve you anyway. Yes, you're gonna cry till you can't cry anymore, then when you get home you'll cry some more, maybe even for a couple of days. You'll get emotional over stupid stuff that somehow remind you of that person at random, and then you'll start talking about them without realizing. Talking about the good and the bad, to people that don't even care. You'll..," I stop, cause he stopped crying, cause now I'm crying, and he's wiping my tears away with his thumb.
I release his face from my grasp, my hands now gently rest on his shoulders as he still wipes away tears from my face. I give a little sniffle myself. Great, now we're both a mess. Man, I suck at this kinda thing. I was trying to make him feel better, and now I'm upset. Why did I even get myself involved.
Warmth? Oh, he's hugging me. Wow, he's a good hugger, and I've had some bad ones, so I know. He's very gentle. It can't be helped, so I hug him back. He rests his head on my shoulder. Now wait a minute, who is this hug for anyway? Me or him? Does it even matter? We both need it I guess.
I unconsciously put my hand in his hair and pet him. So soft. He tenses up for a second, before easing into it. We stay like this for a few minutes before we release each other. Okay he's still technically holding me and my hands are still on his shoulders. He's staring at me. Again with those eyes of his. They're so mesmerizing. I can't help but check him out now that I'm so close. And let me tell you, God took his time making this one. Mmhmm. Did I mention how good he smells, cause he smells so good, I can't describe it.
I didn't even realize that we were both leaning in till it was too late. His lips met mine and I honestly haven't felt this way in a long time. His lips are so soft. He's so gentle too, with the way he moves his lips against mine.
Wait a minute. It's like tire screeching in my head. I don't even know this boy. This is so unlike me.
It seems he's come to his senses as well cause he takes his lips off mine real quick. He's giving me a bug-eyed expression and I probably look the same. Before we could say anything though, my phone rings.
I quickly take it out of my pocket and answer.
"Hello," I say while looking at him. I think we're both still in shock.
"Aurora Monet! Where are you? I'm outside!" my mom's voice shrieks like a banshee, low key frightening me.
"I forgot my keys, so I came back inside for them. I'm coming now," I quickly reply, with facts might I add. I'm a bad liar. Speaking facts is how I get away with it, or if I get really into a fabricated story to the point I believe myself, in the moment. Ha aha.
Anyway, I hang up the phone. He's still staring at me. Words come to me now, and exit my mouth, please.
"I..," he technically started first.
"I have to go," I say over him.
"Oh," he replies with subtle sadness, "Okay." I wave, turn, and run for my precious soul, before it's further snatched by this boy.
"Later," my farewell echoes through out the gym as I make my exit. It dawns on me as I make my way to the car. I said later like I was gonna see him again. Well, for all I know, we could have classes together, besides Math and English, I mean. The real question is are we gonna talk again, and are we gonna talk about what happened.

Finally in my sanctuary, my bed. Of couse Mom gave me a lecture about keeping her waiting, the whole drive home. I can't stop thinking about that kiss.

My Wattpad Books:

The Mating Series #1: She's The Alpha's Lost Girl

The Mating Series #2: My Wild Innocent Broken Mate

The Mating Series #3: The Dark Alpha's Weaknesses

It's Complicated

Danny Phantom: Phresh Start

Don't forget to: Vote/Comment/Follow please and thank you :)