Part 1 - Pancakes and Pudding

Welcome one and all! To a long overdue fic! Honestly, though, I went without wifi so long I was going crazy, being unable to type things up and publish them! I was starting to think we'd never get our internet back.

But I finally have wifi and now I'm gonna abuse it and get this fic out!

I'd also like to thank sunshineswater for giving me this idea!

Please enjoy! I own no pictures or Tokyo Ghoul!

Pancakes and Pudding

It was a normal morning in the neat Chateau home of Sasaki and his squad, with light flooding through open curtains and the smell of breakfast permeating the slightly chilled air. In the kitchen that was connected to a living room, separated by no walls, Sasaki worked over the stove.

Sasaki was humming softly to himself, dressed in a pink apron and already dressed for the day he easily flipped pancakes with practiced ease and moved the sausages about in their pan with a spatula. The hissing crackle of popping grease was soft and covered up the hum of the heater as it kicked in to warm the cold walls and floors of the sleeping home.

The house was waking up though, and the first signs of life were the quiet creak of the steps as someone passed down the stairs. The footsteps were quickly muffled as the person stepped foot on the carpeted living room floors.

"Good morning Urie, did you sleep well?" Sasaki asked as he glanced over his shoulder at the consistently stoic boy.

Urie just nods before sitting down on the couch that faced a TV and popping in his earbuds. The gentle sounds of a piano flickered to life in the air, adding to the tranquil morning euphony as the earbuds just couldn't hold in the strength of the melody they produced.

It was like this for a while until plates were set on a rectangular table along with each place having their own glass of something different to drink.

Sasaki moved to Urie who sat with his eyes closed in thought as he listened to his music. Tenderly, Sasaki let his fingers rest on the boy's shoulder, provoking Urie to open up his eyes. Sasaki's gentle smile was all it took to convey the message before he left to wake up the others that still slept.

Urie in the meantime stored his earbuds away before making his way to the table, sitting at the third chair from the head of the table. Patiently waiting till the others came. He never would have done so if it hadn't been ordered by Sasaki many times to wait to eat until they were all there.

Soon the sound of Saiko barreling down the stairs could be heard and the excited voice of Shirazu along with Tooru's soft voice.

The only thing that got Saiko out of bed these days was Sasaki's cooking.

The girl with pigtails sat down in her seat with a plop as she practically drooled over the tablecloth, sitting diagonally across from Urie. Tooru just gave a look between a smile and a grimace before sitting down next to Urie with Shirazu across next to Saiko.

"Alright sleepy heads, I think it's about time we fill those stomachs!" Sasaki says cheerily with a smile. He piles up the plates with food, carrying said food he sat all the way up his left arm and in his right hand on platers.

Sasaki was always like this, with a talent for balance like any practiced serving man. He could practically skip in circles and still be able to hold all the dishes. It was a talent that left Saiko and Shirazu stunned to the day.

"Pancakes! Sausage!" Saiko squealed in delight before she started to stuff the delightful food into her mouth, manners long having fled in horror.

Used to the unappetizing sight of Saiko, they begin on their own food as Sasaki sits at the head table with a mug of coffee in a white mug with a yellow and orange flower printed on its side. Sasaki watches as they all eat their food with pleased expressions and he himself can feel a happy feeling rise up in him, just like every other morning.