Part 2 - Pardon My Manners

URL:  https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6c/64/63/6c64630bddef70a61b37088b753ac092.jpg 

WARNING: There is some rather vivid description of what Sasaki's going to be eating. That means there will be written imagery of human flesh and blood!

I feel this pales in comparison to some of the torture scenes in the anime, but I put the warning up just in case.

Pardon My Manners

"Haise. Oh, Haise . . . Look at you," crooned a voice from behind with no warmth, arms wrapping around in cold comfort, "You're so thin! Like a starved alley cat." The voice paused as the icy form tightened it's hold around my shoulders. Then he made a sound that could only be interpreted as an annoyed tsking. "Listen to me already Haise, you shouldn't starve yourself! Why didn't you eat the ghoul? He would have given you power and a full stomach." There was silence but I did not respond, a gnawing hunger distracting me.

"See? You wouldn't feel that if you had just taken your fill." A pale hand clutched the fabrics right before my empty stomach roughly, as if the clothes had done something wrong instead of me as the voice insinuated. The voice took on a scorning tone. "You're weak Haise, you need me, so wake up and remember me!" the voice was rising as it spoke directly in my ear. "Wake up and remember Haise! Haise, wake up already!"

"Haise!"

I shot up from where I was laying, breathing labored as my hot and sticky skin clung to my fresh clothes. They must have changed me.

My eyes darted around the room, taking in its occupants and where I was.

I was in a starch white hospital room devoid of color and at my left bedside stood Arima and Akira who stood just a bit behind him. They nearly blended with the walls the way they dressed. My own CCG jacket was at the edge of the bed. Clean.

The first thought that came was, how on earth did I get here? The second was less innocent. Arima and Akira smell positively delectable.

As the thought struck and processed I could feel my left eye go black an red and my mouth start to salivate. I swallowed heavily and forced myself not to take a deep inhale of their sweet scents that make my stomach howl.

"What happened?" he asks huskily, clenching the bedsheets in a sweaty grip. He lowered his gaze so his betraying eye was less visible.

There was a thoughtful silence that I couldn't help but interpret at strained before Arima spoke in his a slow and measured voice. "You were scouting for the ghoul BottomFeeder when your subordinates intercepted him. You were found later fighting, having lost yourself to your . . . other instincts." There was another pause, "Was that enough to jog your memory Haise?"

I nod rigidly. Yes, yes it was. I could remember now, how I had submitted myself to hunger so easily and my ghoulish tendencies. I almost blushed in shame at the memory. I could feel the horror coat my tongue. I can't believe I actually said those things, ate those things, did those things. I couldn't tell witch clawed at me more, my shame or my hunger.

"Haise."

"Yes?" I responded to Arima's calling of my name in a monotone whisper.

"Look at me, Haise." At the order, I reluctantly raised my eyes to meet the sterling gaze of my superior. "Go get your rations. I've personally made sure the contents were doubled." His gaze grew more stern, like a father who was chastising their child. "We do not want a repeat of this incident."

I nod once more, "Yes sir."

Arima held my gaze a bit longer before he quietly turned on his heal and left the room, the door shutting after his flapping, white CCG jacket.