Chapter 5 Damage control.

My heart was still racing while I stared at the door Aaron had just walked out of. Oh my God. What in the world just happened? Did I seriously just make out with...Damn! I had to get out of here. I flung the door out of my way nearly stumbling and falling as I did.

I rushed down the stairs past Megan and Jane's curious faces. Aaron was nowhere to be seen. I scanned the crowd until I found Alyssa. She was standing near the door talking to trevor. I clumsily pushed my way through everyone until I got to her.

"Oh hey Chloe, where have you been?" She asked. "Uh, it dosen't matter, can we go now?" I asked quickly fighting away all thoughts. She stared at me like I was an idiot. "Um...Please?" I asked, feeling annoyed.

I didn't have time to stand here while she stared at me like that. She turned to Trevor, said goodnight, and we left. Alyssa didn't speak to me the whole ride home, which was out of character for her.

It's not like I would have been able to talk anyways, I was too consumed by thoughts of what happened in that linen closet. She dropped me off without a single word, then sped away. Apparently I pissed off my best friend somehow. Great.

Mom and Benji were asleep so I quietly made my way up to my room and passed out on my bed hoping I wouldn't have any dreams. I'd deal with everything tomorrow. The next morning I woke up feeling like absolute crap.

I must have had more punch than I remember drinking. I got up and checked my messages fighting the urge to vomit the whole time. Two missed calls from Scott. Damn. I started freaking out. Why in the world would I play 7 minutes in heaven with anyone other than my boyfriend?

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I cursed myself over and over. I sighed and took an Aleve for my headache. I called Alyssa to see if she heard anything about last night from anyone. No answer. I tried again and still got no answer.

It was only 10:30 I knew she was up, she had to babysit early. So I guess she's ignoring me, wonderful. I started pacing around my bedroom. Okay, here's the facts: I got very drunk at the party, made out with a gorgeous stranger (and enjoyed every second of it...crap!)

pissed Alyssa off, and didn't return Scott's phone calls. I need to do some major damage control. But what to take care of first? Hmm...I suppose calling Scott would be the easiest thing, unless one of his friends were at the party and seen me go into the closet with Aaron.

Of course most of his friends were in practice with him so it's not like they could have seen, I hope. I pick up my cell and dial Scott's number feeling nervous. "Mm hello?" He said drowsily. He must still be in bed.

"Hey sleepyhead." I said hesistantly. "Oh, good morning beautiful." He replied. He didn't sound upset or mad. I sighed in relief. "How was the party, anything wild happen?" He asked.

Something wild happened in a linen closet. I thought, then ground my teeth together for thinking it. "Nope, nothing wild, how was practice?" I asked, quickly changing the subject. We talked for a little while before I told him I had stuff to do.

"Alright, see ya Chloe, I love you." He said. I smiled. "Love you too Scott, bye." I said and hung up. One thing out of the way, now Alyssa. She still wasn't answering her phone so I gave up for a little while and got dressed and went downstairs.

In the livingroom mom and Benji were on the couch watching cartoons. Thats usually how Saturdays are at my house. I plopped down in the middle of them. I kept calling Alyssa, I was hoping she'd get annoyed and just answer.

Finally after almost an hour of calling she answered. "What?!" She practically yelled. I got up and went out onto the front porch. "Hey don't yell at me, I wouldn't constantly be calling if you had answered the first time." I said.

"What do you want?" She asked, more mild this time. "First off, why are you so mad at me?" "I have to go I'm babysitting." She said. "Don't you dare hang up on me without an explaination." She was silent for a moment before she sighed and spoke in a nicer tone.

"Come on Chloe, last night was the first time Trevor and I have had a chance to really talk and if you hadn't come over practicly pushing me out the door he might have asked me out." She explained. I rolled my eyes.

Here I thought she was mad over some huge thing and it's about not getting asked out. I may be one, but gosh girls are complicated. "I'm sorry 'Lyss I just...Really needed to leave." I said. Next door my neighbor was letting Otis outside, which meant he was going to come running over here any second.

"So am I forgiven?" I asked and went back into the house. "Yeah, and I'm sorry I ignored you, call me later, kay?" She said. "Okay bye." I said and felt better. "Everything okay Chloe?" Mom asked from the couch.

Things with Scott were fine, things with Alyssa were fine, yup, everything was fin- crap! "Uh mom, I have to go, be back later!" I called and ran out the door and into my car. I searched through the contacts on my phone until I found the girl from the party, Jane's number.

I dialed and waited. Luckily we had exchanged numbers before I played the damn game. "Hello?" She answered. "Yeah this is Chloe from the party last night, I was wondering if maybe you have Aaron's number?" I asked hopefully.

Sure I had made things fine with Scott, but what if Aaron seen us together at school and told Scott about what we did? I could not let that happen. "Huh, you guys must have had a good time together." Jane said, sounding disappointed. Weird.

"I'm so glad." She added, total sarcasm. She didn't say anything else. "So...Can I have his number or not?" I asked, annoyed now. "Oh yeah of course." She gave me his number and I was about to hang up when she laughed. "What's funny?" I asked, not really caring.

"I just forgot, Aaron usually spends Saturdays at the FYE store at the mall listening to the new cds, he dosen't usually answer his phone, can't believe I forgot silly me." She said with a fake laugh. I hung up and decided to go to the mall.