Chapter 12| Father

"Well, I should brush my teeth and hair." Natsu said, the feeling below his gut was still present; the sorrow feeling would not leave.

"Okay son. I'll take Lucy to the superiors later today." Igneel said as he grabbed his newspaper, almost stuffing his face in.

"You are still planning to turn her in?!" Natsu almost shouted which surprised Igneel, "how can you?!"

"Hearken!" Igneel Shouted back, "you shall listen to me! I know what's needed for this...family. We do not need a criminal at our home unit!"

"But her kind is like ours! We are both-Newpeople and Human-waking bags of flesh carrying blood that needs oxygen and organs used to survive. She is basically a Newperson with the exception of ports! She doesn't deserve to be put down! Her kind doesn't deserve to be extinct like animals!"

Lucy smiled, she was glad Natsu understood how alike they are. How they are the same.

"Son! Do you hear yourself? You are suggesting we help the enemy!" Igneel almost spat out, "maybe you've become to spoiled for your own good. Go to your recharging pod!" Igneel pointed.

Natsu turned around, his fist was present but calmed as he spoke in a low voice, "it's illegal to sleep on the same bed as someone you don't share any relations with." He turned around and faced Igneel with an anger expression, "I slept on the same bed as her last night. Does that make me a criminal?!"

Igneel stood up harshly causing Natsu and Lucy to flinch, he grabbed Lucy's wrist and pulled out of her seat. She was in nothing but her undergarments and Natsu's jacket. Igneel grunted in disgust, he dragged his hand across Lucy's face.

Natsu stared wide eyed as his father assaulted Lucy. It was a measly slap but could still consider you to plea at a court for forgiveness, especially if it was a woman.

"F-Father..." Natsu whispered. Igneel lifted his hand again to slap Lucy's once more before Lucy lifted her pale leg to kick in between his legs.

At that moment Igneel felt pain rush into his genitals. He groaned and couldn't think straight as he fell to the ground hopeless.

Natsu ran towards Lucy and grabbed her pale skinny wrist, "Are you Okay?"

Lucy nodded and looked back down at Igneel, "yes, I am."

Natsu sighed as Lucy left his side to check around the kitchen. "What are you looking for?" He questioned.

"Tape. Do you Newpeople have tape?" Lucy asked as she continued to look. Natsu nodded and opened a drawer near her and lifted the grey colored object.

Lucy took it from his hands and taped Igneel's wrist and ankles. Of course he tried thrashing around but he gave up after Lucy straddled him and forced him to stop.

"What exactly are you doing?" Natsu asked. "I'm making sure he can't escape and tell others. I want to explain more to him." Lucy says.

"Lucy?"

"Yes Natsu?"

"I'm terrified." He stared at his father's face. "I've never defied or disobeyed someone before."

"You'll be fine. The most we have to worry about it others catching me."

Natsu nodded in agreement. "We have to make sure you're not found out."

"Not until I find a way out. The white walls seem to trap you all in. Once I find a way I'll escape."

Lucy got up to put the tape back to his rightful place.

"When you do decided to leave." Natsu sighed, "will you let me leave with you?"

"If that is what you want, yes."

"Humans won't be mad?" Natsu asked, Igneel acted so hateful towards her, he wouldn't want to experience that.

Lucy shook her head, "if I trust you, my mother and father would as well. And if they trust you everyone else will." She grabbed his hand. "Don't worry. This'll pass soon."

"Sure it will."

"To loosen your worries maybe we can meet your friends tomorrow? I am craving more affection!" Lucy said happily despite was happened not to long ago.

"Oh yes. But you can't tell them any of this or of your past."

Lucy did a small childish gesture about locking her lips shut.

"I just wanna meet people."

"Of course."

"For now we need to explain a lot of things to your father."