Chapter 1: The Evenglade

The Evenglade. Everyone feared it. No one dared venture into it, for none would ever return. And even the greatest knights would tell tales of sounds emitted from the Dark Woods; sounds resembling dragons, witches, warlocks, and other mean, dispickable monsters. However, this was far from true. Not one creature in this forest would hurt a human, or even another creature, unless it were influenced by the Knight's Curse. And with that, came Merlin the Wizard's greatest saying, "Magic is strongest with those who have the knowledge to wield it."

And this is the reason the School of Magic was started. It was Merlin's self-proclaimed task to teach others how to richly use their powers, and he did just that... to certain extents.
___________________________________

"Yes, Scales, you have a question?" Asked Master Bones.

"Yes, sir." Scales replied, lowering his talons. "If a dragon's heart pumps cold blood, then why doesn't a gargoyle's do the same? They are part dragon."

Master Bones looked over his small eye-glasses and stared directly into the blue eyed questioner. "Well, as you stated, they are merely half dragon. Meaning that only some dragon characteristics are present in their body functions, such as membraneous wings and talons."

"Oh, I see. Thank you."

"Now then," Master Bones continued, "next week your Main Mission will be to hunt down a Boghopper; please, do not kill or eat it. We will use them later for diassection. You are now free to leave." And he pointed a bone paw toward the doorway.

As the group walked out the door, Winnefred and her gangle of witches staggered up to Scales, Sylvia, Geode, and Cicylia.

"Ehehehee. Hello, dearies. Leaving the doctoring class, too bad you're going to be late for your mission." She cackled, and her friends giggled behind her.

"Ugh, we don't have time for this, Winnefred. Just cast your sorry excuse for a spell so we can break it and be on our way." Sylvia said, making her horn glow slightly.

Winnefred's usually green face turned red, and she readied her wand. "Ok, then. If you're going to be like that, then I'll really turn your world upside down. Hexius Magioto!"

As soon as she zapped them with her magic, then who should come walking by but Master Merlin, along with Nosewise.

"Ahem. Excuse me, Miss Winnefred, but I do believe I've told you the consequence for hexing fellow students, hm? Now, please, reverse the spell." He said, frowning.

"I don't have to. All the other witches get to, and they never get in trouble." She retorted, earning an even more disgruntle look from the wizard.

"Very well." Merlin said calmly. "I'll have to deal with you in other ways. Nosewise, please help these four." And in a puff of smoke, he and Winnefred were gone.

Nosewise turned to face the four students. "What seems to have happened?" He asked.

"Well, I can't seem to be able to use my magic." Sylvia said, attempting to make her horn glow but earning sparks and a fizzle from it instead.

"How about the rest of you?" He asked.

The others shook their heads.

"Ok. Hold still, and let me focus." Nosewise stood as still as a stone and concentrated on returning magic. Then, a steady stream of magic flowed from the Asteria on his collar and was absorbed by the group.

"Now you all should be fine." He said.

"Thank you, Nosewise." Geode said, high fiving the dog.

And with that, they dispersed to their separate tasks.
____________________________________
To be continued...

Mystic Schoolजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें