Halloween 2018!!

Aaaah I've been working on this for days and had to rush the finish [which is why I didn't have time to put a white border and the background is weird]  but I'm really happy with how it turned out –

Costumes!! Left to right –
Carter:: cat
Simon:: dog
Rita:: witch
Bailey:: panda!
Cody:: pretty much himself
Tabby:: angel
Myo:: demon

And the stories behind them!!

Obviously two of the main pairings got couple costumes, Tabby and Myo were pretty set on theirs from the start but with Carter and Simon it's obvious that Carter doesn't want to be there lmao but Simon convinced him

With Cody, even though he definitely spends most of the night in his car form as Rita's familiar, he asks very nicely for her to paint whiskers and a nose on him in his anthro avatar so he can celebrate a human tradition all the way, which she finds justifiably adorable!!

With Bailey, I decided to give her a really suitable costume in the form of her panda hat, partly because she so stubbornly wears it all the time and partly because of he very personal reason that a: her panda hat is based off the way I always wore mine as a kid, since she's partly inspired by my childhood/little kids I'd see when helping out my mom/'s teacher friends, and b: I wore that same original hat today as part of my costume! We both dressed up as pandas scree!!

I have to admit, even though I would have loved an extra day of shading, background and just generally fixing all the mistakes adding up, I'm really glad I did this! Specifically since I've been dying to draw my full cast together more often [technically that includes M'aukku but I'm still finalizing her and she's a bit more side] so that I can see how they contrast. I'm not perfect at making a differing cast but I love seeing all the distinct heights, complexions, body types, faces [with the exception of some guy eyes lol, there's some development going on there] etc!! The way Rita always makes fun of Carter but is about his height when she's slouched a lot and he's just a little, putting them all in costumes that would suit them best, seeing my gal Bailey up front and so, so smol!

I'm sorry ik I just talked for a million years but I have so many thoughts and feelings and emotions about these kids aaaa aa aaAAAAA