VII

After a week of work, work, work, you finally wake up on the weekend. Basically the only two days you have off most of the time. Sitting around the house and not working isn't how you make money after all! It's Saturday around 9, and despite your usually lethargic take to mornings, as soon as your eyes opened you were wide awake. The excitement of meeting up with your new friends the next day has given you the energy you've been lacking since high school. Ready for the newly-started day to end, you busy yourself with household chores after a delicious breakfast.

Vaccuuming, dusting, polishing, tidying, cleaning! All this work you couldn't be stuffed to do any other time, is keeping you occupied and you're finding it semi enjoyable. You look at the clock and after all that work the time only told the few hours that had passed - it was 12:34.
Ugh! I did ALL that work and the day's only half done!
You hadn't noticed the growling noises eminating from your abdomen until you looked at the clock with disappointment, and the lack of sound and movement gave way to a baby whale in your belly. You decide to heat up some food from your fridge, despite your excitement levels still being through the roof, your energy levels have decreased for the moment and you really couldn't be bothered doing anything else for lunch.

Around 1, you've finished your lunch and have started watching netflix. It's one of the shows you've taken a real interest in, but your excitement is making it almost impossible for you to pay attention and sit still. Throughout the day, if you weren't watching videos or playing games you were frantically pacing around the house or checking the fridge for no reason or even sometimes talking aloud to yourself about how excited you are.
I feel like this is a little weird and kinda pathetic to be honest... they probably aren't this excited about it, they probably don't care at all.
Those thoughts are sprinting through your head at a million miles an hour along with bursts of energy and excitement. You were being uncharacteristically excited and it was concerning you a little. For some strange reason, you felt a weird connection with those boys and you really wanted to get to know them.
Is this what it feels like to find a true friend?
You can't help but wonder. It must be, since you've never felt this excited and anxious before about anything, nor have you experienced the feeling of true friendship.

At the boys' place, Saturday morning

The boys woke up surprisingly early, all except for Yoongi who had stayed up longer than the others on his computer. Even so, he never wakes up before the others, Yoongi is not a morning person.

The grumpy Yoongi having woken from his slumber trudges out after the others had shoveled their breakfasts into their faces. He ate his breakfast and watched in amusement as the younger, more excitable ones paced  anxiously about the house. Jin was looking into a mirror to fix his hair then took a seat near by Namjoon who was staring into space. Yoongi knew why they were like this; they were going to see her again. He seemed the calmest and least affected by this, but his chest was absolutely soaring, which was an especially weird feeling for him - he'd never taken an interest in anyone before.

Jungkook had quit pacing and sat, rigid and by himself on a lounge, mumbling to himself, "Please, just be tomorrow already."
Taehyung turned after hearing Jungkook's almost inaudible mumbling, "I know you're excited, but I don't plan on losing to you, Golden Maknae."
Hoseok piped up from behind Taehyung, "Hey, he isn't the only one you're competing with! I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think I'm the best suited for her."
Jin chuckled, "You? Why's that?"
Stammering slightly, Hoseok manages to list some good points, "I-I'm happy, confident, nice, good-looking and fun!"
"That's cute," Jin starts, "But no one could ever pick anyone else other than me, I'm the most handsome, I'm talented, good at cooking and funny."
Namjoon rolled his eyes, "You laughing at your own dad jokes doesn't make you funny."
"I think I'll win!" Jimin walks into the centre of the room, "I can be sexy and cute, I can sing and dance, I can cook and I know what girls like!" Jimin's thick lips form a frown when Yoongi scoffs at him, "Pffft. None of us know what she likes, so don't get your hopes up. As a human, she doesn't feel the mate bond as strong as we do, so she may choose another human in the end."
Jungkook speaks up, "She probably isn't even excited or anxious to see us anyway."

With that unfortunate reality spoken aloud, the atmosphere turns tense and everyone goes silent. The boys all feel a magnetic attraction to this girl, and without realising it, all think the same thing at the same time.
I have to win her over!