02

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐀

"I want coffee"

"And I want a boyfriend but that's not happening," Marilyn yawned, tying her hair up into a ponytail.

The pair had been lying on their new bed, which was very overpriced, but Aurora had bought anyways. Although there was a tatty sofa and TV in the other room, they always found themselves in either bedroom.

"We're going for coffee," Aurora also yawned, turning on her side and slowly dropping off the tall double bed. "There's a cafe downstairs called Central Perk - we can go there"

"Central Perk? Wow, New York really is full of comedians," Marilyn rolled her eyes before following the taller female out of their apartment and down the stairs.

They walked into the small-sized cafe, busy with a rush of businessmen trying to get a cup of coffee before they went off to work.

"Get me an espresso, I'll be lying down on this conveniently empty sofa," Aurora groaned, waving her arms in the direction of Marilyn before lazily leaning on the arm of the sofa.

Aurora rubbed her eyes softly before bringing her legs into her chest and mumbled a quick 'thanks' when she heard some footsteps from next to her head. 

"Why is there someone on our sofa?"

"She looks dead"

"Wait isn't that the English girl?"

"English girl?"

"You know the one with the weird name"

Aurora immediately sat up, looking at the two men in front of her, ready to sucker punch one of them until she realised it was Joey and Chandler.

"I'll have you know my name is quite unique. Not weird" Aurora hissed, staring at Chandler who had a cocky smile on his face.

"And I use to think Chandler Bing was unique"

"Unique for a pornstar. Bing! Bing! Bing!" She mockingly moaned the last part before looking over at Marilyn who was now coming over with an espresso and a black coffee.

"Oh my God," Marilyn mumbled as she pushed Joey out of the way so she could sit next to Aurora.

Marilyn was clearly freaked out by the older men who they had run into again but she just received a giggle from Aurora.

Aurora took a sip from her espresso before looking up at the men to see that they were still standing there as if they were waiting for something. "Can we help you?"

"Oh... It's just you're in our seat"

"We were sitting there," Joey joined in.

"Okay, there is one more way to say it. Who knows it?" Aurora spoke sarcastically, not wanting to move from the seat she was in.

"Is that suppose to be funny?" Chandler raised an eyebrow, clearly unamused by her joke.

"She was going for colourful," Marilyn spoke.

They stood in silence for a minute before Aurora awkwardly shuffled down the sofa and insinuated that there was room for one of them to sit there.

"Well we're not moving, so you might as well join us?" Aurora spoke hopefully, silently hoping that Chandler would sit next to her.

The two males looked at each other for a moment before Chandler sat next to Aurora and Joey sat on the chair next to the sofa.

Marilyn groaned quietly and gave Aurora a quick kick in the leg, clearly not enjoying the situation she was put in. "I'm gonna go... make friends," she mumbled, standing up and walking out of the coffee shop as quick as you could say unagi.

Aurora wasn't annoyed about Marilyn leaving as she knew she despised Joey and the perverted looks she got and it meant Aurora had more time to get to know the attractive older man.

"So why are you in New York?" Chandler asked, turning his body so he was facing Aurora.

"Oh Marilyn and I wanted a new start after colle- after quitting our shitty jobs back home," she explained, not wanting to go into detail about college as he might catch onto her age.

The three of them stayed and talked for a while until Joey had to leave for an audition. Aurora always wanted to be an actor when she was young but soon figured out she had no actual talent in that area, so she changed her dream to be an online shopper.

"You know, I don't think your jokes are that bad" Chandler smirked, finally finishing his cup of coffee.

"You know, I don't think your jokes are that bad" Aurora mocked, changing her tone of voice towards the end of the sentence just as Chandler did.

"I didn't get signed up for being bullied by a twenty-year-old"

"I'm not twenty," Aurora mumbled under her breath.

"What was that?"

"I'm clearly a five-year-old who moved to New York. I just love the toys here!" she teased, hoping to cover up her mumbles with sarcasm. He seemed to like a lot of sarcasm.

Just as Aurora was about to finish the conversation and head back up upstairs to her apartment, Marilyn came through the door with an attractive boy who looked their age.

She raised her eyebrow up slightly as the pair trotted through the cafe and stopped in front of her and Chandler. Both of them looked at each other for a few seconds before Marilyn spoke up, "This is Ethan".

"Nice to meet you bo-" he paused, eyes turning towards the bell that was carefully placed upon the cafe door.

Aurora turned around to see what he was looking at and Chandler called out to the woman with black hair, who was at the door. "Monica!" She smiled and was about to come over to the group until Ethan made a beeline towards her - stopping her in her tracks.

Maybe Aurora wasn't the only one who was interested in older people.