03

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘𝐂𝐀𝐓

"I know you're being super annoying right now but I just saw Ethan go into Monica's apartment"

"I am not annoying!"

"Lyn, I don't care! Ethan just went into Monica's apartment!" Aurora screeched, shaking Marilyn back and forth.

The pair were currently standing on the staircase that ravelled up and down the apartment complex. They had both been close friends with Ethan for a while now but he had been even closer with Monica, leading to them dating for multiple weeks.

"I'm telling you, they've been dating for a few weeks now and this is the first time he's gone in her apartment after 11 pm! They've been in there for like three hours!" Aurora exclaimed, probably loud enough for them to hear inside her apartment.

"They're going to shag...? They're going to shag!" Marilyn gasped, finally catching up to what was unfolding in front of her.

"Is that even legal?" Aurora questioned.

Sure, she liked older men and had maybe kept her age from them, but it didn't mean that she was going to sleep with them and make them a felon in 48 states! She had morals.

"I mean... she's only 22. That's not THAT bad, only like a 5 year age difference", Marilyn said hesitantly.

"She doesn't know he's seventeen, though! We backed him up and told her he was twenty!"

As soon as the pair were going to argue some more, Chandler appeared from his apartment and looked as if he was going to go knock on Monica's door.

"Chandler!" Aurora whisper-shouted, "Come here!"

With a confused looked, Chandler looked at Monica's door before walking down the corridor towards Marilyn and Aurora.

"Where's the fire!" Chandler mocked her tone, looking around for a fire extinguisher.

"Ethan is going to shag Monica!" the pair exclaimed in unison.

"Shag?"

"Fuck. Sleep with. Do it. Fornicate. Whatever you Americans call it!" Aurora exaggerated as she waved her hands around.

Chandler's face soon turned from a grin to a large scowl, "Monica is going to sleep with Ethan? She wouldn't! He's only about 20, that's too young for her."

"It's only a two year age gap, why are you exaggerating", Aurora said while rolling her eyes away from Chandler to look at Marilyn with a guilty face.

"Monica's twenty six? What do you mean two year age gap?" Chandler questioned while looking in between Aurora and Marilyn with his eyebrows scrunched together.

Aurora audibly gasped and turned straight towards Chandler with a scream, "They're both lying about their age!".

Marilyn quickly jumped onto Aurora and covered her mouth with an awkward laugh. "Ha ha! Shut up Aurora! Only Monica is lying about her age!"

As soon as Aurora had realised she had baited out that Ethan was also lying about his age, she joined in with Marilyn's awkward laugh an avoided eye contact with Chandler.

Chandler looked in between the two young girls and instantly knew they had caught themselves out, "How old is he actually? Younger than you guys?".

"Seventeen", Marilyn stated with her teeth gripped together.

Chandler immediately walks towards Monica's door and goes to open it before Aurora grabs a hold of his hand and tries to pull him back.

"No, Chandler wait! He may have lied about his age and everything but so did Monica! If they like each other, then it shouldn't matter. So what if he's seventeen?", Aurora pleaded, trying to desperately hold Chandler back.

Chandler stood in the middle of the corridor, thinking deeply about the situation his friend was in. Through thinking about it more, he slowly started to chuckle.

"You know what, I can't stop them from doing anything, they're both lying about their age. This will be funny to look back on" Chandler chuckled while reaching over and placing his arm around Aurora's shoulder.

The two girls both let out a large sigh, knowing the secret wasn't going to ruin anything for Ethan.

"Still, I don't think shagging a seventeen year old would be that bad" Aurora joked, slightly looking up to Chandler waiting for a reaction.

Chandler rolled his eyes, "Unless you wanna be called a kiddy fiddler"

"That would not make you a-"

Before Marilyn and Aurora could even fight back Monica's door swung open with a shocked looking Monica and Ethan who quickly ran down the corridor, averting eye contact with everyone.

"Well this is an icky situation", Monica cringed, while watching Ethan leave down the corridor. "I can't believe i've slept with him. He told me he's only seventeen! I'm a felon in 48 states!"

Chandler tried to hold in his loud laugh but couldn't get his hand to cover his mouth quick enough. "It's not too bad! You lied too!"

Monica's eyes widened as she looked at the floor with a small laugh coming out of her own mouth as well. "God, I can't believe I was dating a seventeen year old. I couldn't even imagine being friends with one!"

Aurora and Marilyn both laughed with the older pair awkwardly, looking in between each other deciding if it was best to just say nothing at all.

Aurora opened her mouth, ready to argue back with Monica, before Marilyn pinched her arm and dragged her across the corridor towards their flat, "Sorry to interrupt this drama, but my brothers calling me so we'll see you guys later!"

Chandler raised an eyebrow at Aurora whilst she was been dragged away before giving them a smile and walking into Monica's apartment with the door closing behind them.

"Lyn! What was that for! I wanted to spend more time with Chandler!" Aurora whined while shaking her body side to side.

"You were about to say something! Whatever it was we don't want them knowing our real age after them having a fit about Ethan! I like them.. especially Joey!" Aurora whisper shouted while double checking the door was shut properly.

"Fine but Ethan is such a copy cat, I can't believe he was lying about his age. That's our thing!"

"No one's lying it's just better they assume we're in our twenties" Marilyn said in a sing song voice before plopping herself down on the sofa.