Chapter 1

*Ari's point of view*

" Ari! Come here! " Harry calls me from downstairs.

"One second! " I shout back to Harry when I was just about to put the ribbon on his present. I briefly glance at the clock besides my desk to see 8:52 in glowing red numbers and lay the ribbon on the ground. He's probably going out again. I close my door behind me and make my way downstairs to the entrance hall from where I heard him calling me.

"Are you leaving again?" I ask as soon as I see him putting on his boots.

"Yeah I might be home after midnight, but if not you'll see me tomorrow morning." He says without looking up.

"Okay, just don't forget what you promised me." My brother forgets almost everything when he comes back home from wherever he's going so I actually believe he'd forget his promise.

He promised me he would take me to his favourite restaurant to eat a special breakfast with me.

"Of course I won't." Then he stands up before he gives me a peck on my forehead and a comforting smile. I poke his dimple like I always do as a goodbye and after that he grabs his keys and leaves.

Thereafter I return to my room to finish Harry's present.

Once I finish adjusting the ribbon I begin to write the birthday letter.

As I look up to the clock it says 11:47pm.

I should better go to sleep now. If Harry comes at midnight and sees that I'm still awake I'll have to do the whole housework alone for a week. I just realized how long the letter became.

I attach the letter to the gift and put both of them into the closet, where I take my pyjama out. Then I throw myself on the bed, give the picture of my parents that stands on my night table a peck and try to fall asleep.

When I wake up I check if Harry is home yet. I open the door a little and peek into his room.

"Harry? Are you home yet?"

No answer.

I notice that his window is open so I enter the room to close it. After that I turn back and look around. My brother's room is always tidied, I haven't seen this room messy for a couple years.

Then I notice a book on his night table so I sit on Harry's bed to find on what book this is. The cover is just red and there's no title

This can't be a diary.

Harry is too much of a player to keep a diary. But what is it then? I open the book and curiously flick through the pages. Are these dreams? Before every entry there's a date. These certainly are dreams.

I'm only gonna read one.

June 15th : In this dream there's just Ari and me. We're on a pretty flower meadow and we are happy and all. But then I drink something out of a tiny bottle and everything becomes darker. Ari's afraid of me and takes a thew steps back as-

"Ariana! I'm home!" Harry's shouting interrupts me reading his dream journal. I put the book back where it was and make sure that the bed cover lays as straight on the bed as it did before before I hurry to go downstairs so he doesn't notice that I was in his room.

"Yay!" I say when I see him and wrap my arms around his waist. I always feel even shorter than I already am while he hugs me. He has to stoop to be able to rest his chin on my head.

"Where are we going to eat breakfast?"

"You'll see" Harry says with a smile on his face. I can't wait! He always wants me to wait even more than I need to and teases me because of my impatience.

I quickly put on a comfortable black leggings and a purple sweater. I sketchily brush my hair and push Harry to his car because he'd wait three hours if i wouldn't.

When we take our seats, he turns the radio on.

Fortunately my favourite song is on! I lip sync to the lyrics of Die in your arms by Justin Bieber while moving my head as if I was dancing.

After a few more songs we finally arrive.

My brother parks the car while I try to figure out what restaurant this is.

The Eggshell the big sign says which sounds like a good restaurant for breakfast.

"Let's go inside" Harry suggests and I nod with a big smile on my face. I love spending time with him because he's not home most of the time.

We enter The Eggshell and I see that most of the decorations are checked in red and white. We go further inside to search a table for two.