CHAPTER 3

"Well that certainly changes things," God said simply.

For the first time through this whole process Theodora felt confused. What does he mean I'm his, she thought. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to interrupt, but I don't understand what is going on. What does he mean, I'm his," she says, slightly nervous.

Lucifer still hadn't taken his eyes off of her since he announced to the room that Theodora was his. Continuing to stare at her, he started "you are mine Theodora, your heart, soul and body are mine. You are my mate, the one soul in this entire fucking universe made just for me. You were made for me to love, cherish and take care of. To put it simply, you are mine." His words sent a shiver through Theodora's body.

"I'm sorry," she said looking down at the grey floor, "what do you mean I was made for you?"

"If I could jump in here Luce, I'm sure I could explain this slightly better" God says glancing at Lucifer and then at Theodora. Lucifer just grunted. "Theodora," God started again in a gentle voice, "I know on earth I am seen as the cosmic creator, that I created everything that you know, but that is not true. I was simply put in charge of this realm by a greater cosmic force. That same cosmic force that put me in charge is the same force that creates mating pairs. That cosmic force, for reasons unknown, has created someone, a perfect match if you will, for everyone. You, my dear, are Lucifer's perfect match. Does that make sense?"

Theodora found her mind struggling to catch up with this new information. I was made for someone. I was made for someone. I was made for someone.

"Now that that is settled," Lucifer said, startling Theodora out of her trance, "I would like to take my mate home."

Jonathan, after staying silent the whole time, quickly said, "I think that you should ask Theodora if she wants to go with you." Lucifer gave him a look that, if he were just a regular human would have melted him into a puddle of human goo.

God looked at Theodora. "Jonathan is right, we should ask Theodora if she would like to go with Lucifer. It's only fair. Theodora, would you like to go with your mate? There will be no repercussions if you chose not to."

Theodora found herself wanting to go with Lucifer, something about him already made her feel safe and wanted even. She knew, deep in her soul, that going with Lucifer would be one of the best decisions she will ever make in her life.

"Thank you, but I think I would like to go with him," Theodora said looking at Lucifer. A wide grin spread across his face and Theodora's inside about melted.

"Very well, Jonathan I guess it is time we make our leave," God said getting up from his seat and walking towards the grey door. Jonathan got up and followed him out.

And then it was just the two of them in the grey room looking at each other.

"Hello," Lucifer breathed out.

"Hi," Theodora squeaked out.

"I'd like to take you somewhere, out of this damned room, if that is alright with you."

Theodora nodded. Lucifer stood up and put his hand out towards her. Theodora took his hand and reveled in the warmth it gave her. He pulled her up and, still holding her hand, lead her to the grey door. He opened it and walked with her hand and hand down a new, but still just as grey as ever, hallway. After walking for a few minutes they came to a new door, this time a big wood one. Lucifer opened it and together they entered a coffee shop. He lead her to a set of chairs in the corner of the shop.

"This is my favorite part of Purgatory," Lucifer said looking at Theodora nervously, as if he was looking for approval.

"It's lovely," she said smiling and taking one of the chairs. When she sat down, she almost involuntarily groaned. The chair was one of the most comfortable pieces of furniture she had ever sat on.

"Would you like anything," Lucifer asked her.

"A hot chocolate would be lovely." Theodora watched as Lucifer walked away. She then looked around the coffee shop. It was a beautiful space. The walls were a deep burgundy color, covered either by a hodge-podge collection of paintings or a large bookshelf filled with so many books the wood of the shelves begin to bow. She was so enthralled with the shop that she didn't notice when Lucifer returned with her hot chocolate.

"Theodora-" Lucifer said startling her out of her trance.

She reached out and took the warm drink from him. "Thank you Lucifer."

Lucifer sat down in a chair across from her. "Please call me Luce, all the important people in my life do," he says smiling softly at her.

"Ok," Theodora said returning the soft smile, "then you must call me Thea."

Sunny Side Of HellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara