CHAPTER 12

Lucifer could not believe it. She was kissing him. She was kissing him. She was kissing him. It was if the whole cosmos had come to a stop. It was a sweet kiss, one full of feelings the two of them had not confessed. It didn't last for more than a few seconds, but Luce had already decided that he could not live without this feeling. Her lips were soft, softer than he had imagined, and he had imagined them quite a bit during the few months they had been together. One of his hands were wrapped around her waist, holding her tight, and his other hand cupped her face. Her arms were wound tightly around his neck, her hands playing with the hair on the back of his head. Eventually they both pulled away. Luce looked down at her and watched with wonder as her eyes fluttered open, a deep blush taking over her face. 

"Wow," Luce sighed, a smile gracing his face. 

"Yeah," Thea whispered, suddenly noticing everybody watching and feeling shy.

"Do you want to go home?"

"Yes please."

The two of them quickly said goodbye to Jonathan and Mikayla, and walked hand in hand to the car. The ride home was silent, but comfortable. Luce and Thea were just happy to be in each other's presence. When they got home they both started their nightly routine, Luce feeding Cobra and checking all the locks in the house, Thea taking a quick shower and grabbing a book. Once they were done they met in the bedroom. If it were a usual night Thea would read her book and Luce would watch her and pretend to be playing with Cobra. But that night was not a normal night. That night, the two of them laid in bed together holding each other.

"I had a lot of fun tonight," Luce said, stroking Thea's hair, feeling how soft it is any wondering how she gets it like that.

"Me too," Thea whispered while she admired how Luce's fingers looked intertwined with her own. "It was really nice to meet everyone, and the place was beautiful. I knew Heaven was pretty, I just didn't realize that anything could look like that."

"It was pretty wasn't it? Not as pretty as you though," Luce smiled down at her, remembering how she looked in the green dress that stole his breath away. When she walked down the stairs with the white flowers in her hair, wearing the dress he had spent weeks thinking about, he almost passed out. 

It was while Luce was thinking about Thea's beauty that Thea did something that surprised him. She leaned up and quickly connected their lips. Just like their first kiss, this one was short, sweet, and made Luce's heart race. 

"What was that for?"

"I don't know," Thea blushed, "it just felt right." Luce just grinned and kissed her again. That night the two of them fell asleep, the happiest they had felt in a long time.  

A few weeks passed in their domestic bliss. Nothing had really changed besides the fact that they were a bit more touchy with each other and kissed frequently. They were happy. It wasn't until one Friday that things took a turn. 

"Thea," Luce called out when he walked through the door.

"I'm in here," Thea yelled from the kitchen, placing the cookbook she had been flipping through down on the table. Luce quickly joined her after giving Cobra a quick pet.

"Hey, so I was thinking," Luce started, feeling a bit nervous, "I want to take you somewhere this weekend. Jonathan said he would watch Cobra and I thought it would be nice to get out of Hell for a few days."

"I would love that!" Thea leaped up and gave Luce a hug. "When do we leave?"

"I was thinking tonight, if that's ok with you?" 

"Yeah! Let me go pack a bag and we can get out of here," Thea gave him a hug and quickly ran upstairs. 

Once they were packed and Mikayla came and picked up Cobra, the two of them got in the car. They started driving and Thea recognized the route.

"Are we going somewhere in Heaven," Thea asked, excited at the prospect of exploring more of the beautiful side of the afterlife.

"No."

"Then where are we going?" Thea was dying to know. This was her first ever romantic getaway and it was with her soulmate of all people. 

"It's a surprise, but I think you'll like it." Luce was feeling pretty confident with his surprise. It was one that he had spent a lot of time thinking about and had consulted both Mikayla and Jonathan about it. 

Once they got to Heaven, Luce drove them to the beach that lined the small town that was Heaven. They got out the car, Luce grabbed their bags, and guided them to a small cave that, if you didn't know it was there, you would never had seen it. 

"Is this where we're staying," Thea asked. She wasn't against staying in a cave, it just seemed strange to her.

Luce smirked and replied with a simple "no." He brought her into the cave and watched the confusion cross over her face when she saw the swirling vortex of blue light. 

"What is this?"

"It's a portal," Luce explained. "This right here is going to take us to earth."

"You can go to earth? I thought that once you were here there was no going back."

"That is mostly true, but luckily your mate is special and can travel to earth when he wants. Something to do with being the king of Hell or something," Luce joked.

Luce took Thea's hand and walked them towards the portal. He looked down at her and asked if she was ready, to which she responded that she was, and the two of them stepped through the portal. The journey only lasted a few seconds, but it was very disorienting. Thea could not tell which way was up or down and she started to lose feeling in her feet. 

Once their worlds stopped spinning and they could stand on stable feet, they both looked around at their settings. That is when Thea burst into tears.