memeulous; 'that's george'

"that's just george," he heard a voice say. used to living in the shadows, invisible, george owen andrew just carried on drinking his pint whilst watching the match.

he glanced to his side to see a girl who he recognised from around his flat block with some random girl. the girl from his flat block had spoken about him.

he looked back at the screen, containing his excitement as arsenal scored. he didn't want to make a fool of himself. not that anyone would notice or remember.

maybe that was an upside if being invisible. no matter how much he fucked up, nobody took notice. he was left to make mistakes on his own, to be free to be himself, within reason.

he knew he would've traded that and more instantly for a friend in the world, though.

the random girl slowly sat next to him, saying nothing to him, but ordering a gin and tonic.

"come here often?" she smiled, her pearly whites almost gleaming. george didn't know what to say - having a woman talk to him wasn't a common feature in his life.

"uh...yeah, when there's a match on," he stumbled on his words slightly, but the girl seemed to find it cute. he smiled at the fact that she wasn't cringing or excusing herself. "what about you?"

"for a little drink occasionally, yeah," she replied, nodding in thanks to the bartender as he gave her her drink. she followed george's drifting gaze to the tv mounted on the wall behind the bar. "who do you support?"

george grinned slightly. "arsenal. are you into football?"

she grinned back slightly in response.
"big newcastle fan. magpies and all that."

george glanced behind them and saw his neighbour and the girls friend waiting impatiently.

"your friend looks...annoyed," he muttered. she laughed; not mockingly at george, but at her friend.

"don't care, honestly. she'll survive," she chuckled, and george smiled, examining the girls features. freckles gently dotted her nose and cheeks and her eyes creased slightly as she chuckled. her lips were round and plump, and her nose was an adorable button.

he took a sip of his pint, chuckling along slightly. he looked at her eyes, almost getting lost in the deep blue sea, before remembering that people find it weird when you stare at them. he didn't want to mess up.

● ● ● ●

his fist gently met the door as he knocked. he gripped the bouquet of roses he held in his other hand, nervously shuffling his feet as he waited.

the door slowly opened to reveal the beautiful girl he had fallen for at the bar. she grinned at him, happy to see him.

"george! right on time," she pulled him into a hug and felt the bouquet. she looked up at him, almost in disbelief. "roses? you bought me roses?"

he nodded shyly, mumbling 'yeah' and handed them to her. she smelled them and smiled, before looking back up at him with a grateful grin.

she went inside and put them in a vase, her smile not gone, and walked back out to george. he watched as she closed the door behind them and locked it.

he couldn't help but appreciate how she looked. her black dress hugged her curves perfectly. her makeup was flawless - natural and subtle but definitely there. in george's eyes, she looked like an angel. a goddess, even.