The Full Story of Hussain Ibn Ali [٢]

The journey from Mecca to Kufa.

His life now under threat, Hussain decided to move himself and his family to Mecca in the hope that Yazid's agents would respect the holy city. As he waited, pondering his next move, messages of support began to arrive from across the empire. He left for Kufa, a city in Iraq, but en route, he was intercepted by a battalion of Yazid's soldiers, who blocked Hussain and his supporters from going towards Kufa and instead forcibly diverted towards the desert town of Karbala.

Once they reached Karbala, forces surrounded their small band and blocked their access to the water supply. With both camps stationed at Karbala, a stalemate ensued. Hussain had made it clear that he could not, and would not, bow to Yazid. The opposing forces of 30,000 soldiers, which vastly outnumbered Hussain's small band of seventy-two men and their families, were under strict orders not to let Hussain leave.

After a week, word reached Hussain that Yazid had sent orders that he was not to be allowed to leave Karbala until he had taken an oath of allegiance. The end was drawing close.

[Source: https://whoishussain

[Source: https://whoishussain.org/who-is-hussain/the-full-story/]