BH 66

Edward spreads a blanket for them to sit on.

He sits down with his legs stretched and beckons to Dale to sit too.

"Come here my love!" as he reaches out his hand to Dale.

Dale takes it and positions himself beside Edward.

As soon as Dale sits down, Edward snakes an arm around her waist and pulls her closer to him.

Dale couldn't help but smile at Edward's actions.

"I prayed for this you know!" Edward tells her.

"For what?"

"I prayed that one day after I find you again, I will bring you here and introduce you to my mom. She must have wanted to meet you too because here we are now!"

"I must admit I was actually afraid when you told me that you wanted me to meet your mom because I thought you were talking about your other mom."

Edward heaves a sigh.

Dale caresses his cheek.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you and your family!"

Edward holds her hand and kisses it.

He shakes his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for! It wasn't your fault! And we haven't been a family even before they decided to disinherit me!"

Edward faces her.

"Quen and my mom is my family! And of course you and our future fifty children! That's all matters to me!"

"Wait! Did I hear you say fifty children?"

Edward just smiles and nod.

"You think I'm a pig?!? Who gives birth to fifty children?!?" Dale asks incredulously.

"Okay.... okay...not fifty! I'm fine with forty two!"

"Ed... wa..rd!!!" Dale rolls her eyes in frustration.

"Okay fine! Just two!" Edward sighs in exaggeration but pulls Dale closer to him.

"Deal! And can we please drop this subject already? We're in front of your mom in case you forgot!"

"Well then, we'll just have to talk about it later when we're no longer in front of her!" Edward whispers to her.

Dale just playfully slaps Edward's chest and smiles.

"Can you tell me more about your mom?" Dale tries to change the topic.

"She's a beautiful soul just like you who fell in love with the wrong man." Edward answers in a tone of voice that says that he doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

Dale shakes her head and smiles.

"We're not the same because I didn't fall in love with the wrong man! Although it seemed that he was the wrong man five years ago but not now..."

She holds Edward's gaze.

"Definitely not now!" she says before kissing him on the lips.

They are out of breath before Edward pulls away and tells her, "Let's go home before we embarrass ourselves in front of my mom!" as he playfully smiles at her and winks.