1; darkness around the heart

"I start to forget how my heart gets torn
When that hurt gets thrown
Feeling like you can't go on."

     SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT FALLING from a height or drowning are some of the most peaceful and quickest ways to die

SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT FALLING from a height or drowning are some of the most peaceful and quickest ways to die. Hope knew one thing for sure, drowning was anything but peaceful.

The pain builds and builds and she can't scream because the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that she can't open her mouth, the pain feels like her head's about to explode, until she finally takes a choking breath and lets the water in...black seeps in her vision until she's blacks out, then, it's peaceful.

The reason for it? Their parents were kidnapped for a ritual and the only way to get to them, to find them was to die for them.

~

"What's the plan?" Scot asked fiddling with a watch in his hand. He didn't know why he had to take it, but Deaton had told them to take something from home with strong sentimental value for their plan to work.

Hope winced, sharing a look with Stiles, "We uh, we're basically becoming surrogate sacrifices, or you Allison and Stiles are. I'm to be the power to keep you all alive." She told her brother who closed his eyes, letting out a sigh.

"So, we die for them?" Scott asked them, turning to Deaton.

"But he can bring us back." Stiles nodded in determination before glancing back at the vet, "You can... you can bring us back, right?"

"You remember the part where I said it was dangerous?" The older man mused, "If it goes right, the four of you will be dead for a few seconds, but there's something else you need to think about. This is a dangerous thing for more reasons than one. You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet. It attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill the pages of a bestiary with. It will draw them here, like a beacon."

"Doesn't sound any worse than anything we've already seen." Stiles said, shrugging as he looked to the vets.

Deaton stared at the three of them, "You'd be surprised at what you have yet to see." He shook his head, "there are creatures out there..that have walked the earth for a thousand years, who have done unamaginable things."

"You look like you need to add more," Hope piped in, "you have that.. wise aura thing going on." She added, her head tilted as she eyed the man.

"It'll also have an effect on the four of you." He sighed, nodding, "You won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it every day for the rest of your lives. It'll be a kind of a darkness around your heart, and permanent, like a scar."

"Sounds reverting." Snorted the girl as they walked in the vet clinic. Issac, Derek and Allison were filling tubs with ice. It made the youngest McCall shudder already. "All right." Deaton looked up from his spot in the animal clinic, "What did you bring?" He asked looking to the three, Hope didn't need anything as she was a hybrid and powerful enough to stay alive.

Stiles took a breath, "Um, I got my dad's badge." He said taking it from his back pocket, shaky hands fiddling with it, "Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great."

Deaton nodded with a small shrug of his shoulders, "Well, it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning." he told them.

Hope leaned forward from where she stood, looking over at what Allison had in her hands, "Is that an actual silver bullet?" She asked the teen who nodded.

"My dad made it." Allison told them with a smile as she answered. "It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code."

"Scott?"

"My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital." He held it up by the leather straps, "She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked. Well, sorry from taking in Hope." He smiles as Hope grinned at her brother.

"Okay, the four of you will get in." The Vet told them, "Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... Well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether, just incase Hopes power can't."

Hope nodded, she honestly didn't have a clue about her supernatural power but Deaton seemed to think she had more powers than her Witch and Wolf side. Like somehow bringing people (essentially) back from the bed.

"Lydia..," Deaton started, "You go with Stiles. Derek with Allison, you both share a.. complicated past but you're both emotionally connected. And.. Issac with Hope."

"Wait what?" Scott whirled round. "Uh, no, no–"

"Nada, nope! Since when was that a thing, huh?" Stiles spluttered as he looked to his childhood best friend and that stupid leather wearing werewolf.

"Yikes." Hope sighed, as she lowered herself into the freezing cold tub, clenching her teeth as the cold ice cubes touched her lips, "I-i think now may be a good time to-"

"Hope! Now really isn't a good time to–"

"Dads in town." She said just as they were submerged into the cold abyss. The last thing she saw was Issacs crystal blue eyes as the darkness clouded her vision.

_______

soooo, I've not updated this in ages

I'm not exactly into Teenwolf as he f now, but I'm going to start updating this book now.

This is just a really slow chapter, I guess, it's kind of just dropping hints for what's to come

( I've not actually seen Legacies so idk if a lot of the thing I wrote will tie in with the show. I'm basing this is The Originals

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

__