Back To The Past

NATHAN

I pulled her closer to me. I could feal her body's temperature rising with each kiss. I wanted her. And I could tel she wanted me...

I swung her around and pressed her back against the cold wall. My lips never leaving hers.

"Nathan..." A soft whisper filled the air. It was the same voice as before. There was no doubt about it, it was Rivers voice. But as soon as I pulled away and scanned her face I saw confusion.

She heard it to.

"Nathan? What was that?" She pulled away from me her lips were red and puffy from our kisses. I did not want to stop. And I was afraid this would be the only time I had to compose myself.

"River just stay there okay. I'm not sure..." I started to walk to the other side of the room. I leaned back against the wall and covered my face.

"It's okay Nathan. I understand." she slid down the wall and pulled her knees up against her chest. Her breathing was hard and fast... I could tel she was struggling to.

"How are we going to get out of here?" She asked almost to herself.

"He usually leave a clue,somewhere start checking the walls even the floor" my thoughts wandered back to the voice. It sounded a lot like River but, if River heard it to... Then that only means one thing.

Alyssa.

It's starting to feal like she's haunting me. I miss her but not enough to deal with her ghostly shit!

Why is she doing this though? She's nice and loving, caring. Not someone who would come back to haunt me.

Did I really know her?

"Nathan look!" I snapped out of my day dreaming and turned my attention to River.

She was pointing to something on the floor near the wall. "It looks like a message... But I can't read it?" what? It was written in plain English why.... Oh no.

Everything became clear. It was the maze.

Remember how Alyssa died? Why don't you show us.

Ps :propably should ceep this between us.

I looked down at my hand and saw a knife. River was bent down examining the words. She won't be able to read them because the maze doesn't want her to...

But if I'm correct then.

I lifted the knife in the air and jammed it into the pit of my stomach.

"Nathan!" I heard River scream. She grabbed my shoulder as I fell to the floor,her legs cussining my head.

"What were you thinking?" She sobbed. "Was it the message what did it say?" She was smart. But I knew that.

"It asked.... Me how... Allysa died and gave me a knife." My breathing became more ragged and my body was filled with pain. Blood oozed out of my woond and all over Rivers hands as she tried to stop the bleeding.

"You know what... If I ever get the chance to meet her in the after life I'm going to kill her..." I just smiled. This was okay. Here with her.

My eyelids grew heavy and everything just stopped.

****

RIVER

His head rested on my thighs as I come my fingers through his hair.

He stopped breathing a couple of minutes back but he was not dead. How do I know we'll this fucked up maze told me so.

I stared at the wrighting on the wall.

The dead is alive and the alive is dead.
It is a battle between the old and the new.

Well I did not even need to ask who the old was referring to.

But I knew one thing. I was going to whin, this is my body. She can't have it!

Alyssa you bitch just try me! I'm not you, I don't give up so easily!

I screamed into the air. A haunting fealing crept up my spine as soon as I said the words.

I looked down at my bloody hands.
Nathan's blood.

Two doors appeared against the wall on one door there was engraved, exit. And on the other, continue.

Well seems like this is going to be a fun ride. I hooked my arms underneath Nathan's and pulled him out through the door that read Continue.

As soon as we exited the door it dissappear.

At the same moment Nathan jumped up with a humangus gasp of air. His hands found the spot he stabbed himself in and covered it with his hands.

When he did not feal pain or blood he lifted his shirt and saw nothing. It was just an allusion...

Expect.. I was stil covered in blood.

"What happened after. You know" He looked back down to his stomach.

"Wel the maze gave us another clue. And two doors then appeared."

"What was the clue?" I closed my eyes to remember the words word by word.
"The dead is alive and the alive is dead.
It is a battle between the old and the new."

When I did not hear him reply I opened my eyes. But my mood dropped by a thousand, when I saw him stare at me with.

Those beautiful golden eyes...

A/N

I hope you are enjoying the story. Just here to thank you for every vote and comment!

Please ask if there is something you may be unsure about.

And I know everything is a bit over the place at the moment but IT'S THE MAZE, 😅

This wil be the next riddle Nathan and River would be dealing with so comment if you know the answer. And help them solve the maze.!

Just like your favourite song, yet deadly. The wild waters hold the key. If you find me call my name not from book but memory.

Good luck
Love you
-Anonymously