Chapter 14 • Subways for Days

~Edd's Pov~

Tord and I had been searching for Matt for a while in the subway, and because of this we'd been getting quite weird glances. They probably thought we were homeless, or maybe it was the fact we were holding hands and Tord was constantly snuggling into me.

Tord eventually tapped on my shoulder, whispering to me softly. "I'm boredddd. Maybe Matt went to Tom's place or something, they are loverbirds after all~" He grew a small smirk on his face, fluttering his eyes rapidly.

All I was able to do was stutter and blush immensely. "T-Tord!" I nudged him away slightly, embarassed at the thought. "Matt's too pure to do that sort of stuff. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what that even is."

"I'm sure Tom would show him- if he was motivated enough."

~Tom's POV~

Matt had been passed out for a while, they released him from his restraints, telling him he could go. But... For some reason, he had decided to stay with me. He slept effortlessly on the cold, damp floor, almost as though it didn't matter where he slept as long as he got his beauty sleep.

His eyes eventually fluttered gently open, causing me to flush and glance away like I wasn't staring. A gentle yawn passed softly through my ear, making me sigh gently. "Good morning, sleepyhead. I'm glad you're okay."

The ginger stared for a long moment, fluttering his eyes and tilting his head. "Glad I'm okay? I should be the one that's worried about you!" He squeaked out rather loudly, his voice echoing as he covered his mouth. "I'm worried about you, Tommy. What's even going on with all of this?"

I hesitantly let out a sigh, "You heard me explain it all, you should know. But- now's not the time to reexplain what's going on, you need to get me out of here. I'll quit my organization so I can stay and live with you, so I don't have to hide." I smiled softly at the freckled face I admired so much. "All you need to do is get me out of these chains, and I'll do the rest."

Matt, with the amazing power of a bobypin, had unlocked the key that held the chains tight around my waist, letting ne stumble free of my position. I immediately gripped onto Matt's arm, pulling him along as I snaked out of the poor excuse of a base, leading out into a subway, one that Matt knew all too well.

~Third Person POV~

Edd had almost given up on finding the two, before spotting the eyeless face tightly and worriedly onto the poor ginger. He squeaked with pure delight, running and dragging Tord along with him. "Tom! Matt! I knew you two would be alright!"

Matt let out an almost inaudible giggle, eyeing the two and raising a brow. "I guess you could say that- though we weren't fine a while ago. How did you find us here, anyway?"

The cola loving brit pulled out Matt's phone, shaking it a bit before tossing it over to him. "You're weird text messages that definitely weren't Tom's  telling you to meet him at a subway."

"Great. Now isn't the time for a reunion. We need to leave, now." Tom growled out demandingly, dragging Matt with one hand and tugging at Edd with the other. "If we're down here for too long you guys will come with us, too. I don't need Edd to go through that torture, too."

The norki gasped dramatically as he walked alongside Edd. "You don't care about me having to deal with whatever it is you're worried about?"

"No. Actually, you can stay here if you want, I'm going to make.sure your boyfriend doesn't d i e." He narrowed his eyes, furrowing his brow and leaving the subway with Matt, motioning Edd to follow behind.

Edd started to follow, stopping once he reached the steps that led up to the surface. "Babe. Let's go home. He seems kinda serious and doesn't wanna joke around and- I... Don't really want you to get hurt." He rubbed his arm with his hand, looking down at the floor and gently kicking the hard stone, wincing at it.

"Finneeee..." The norwegian scoffed out, scrunching up his nose like he didn't want to follow Edd, but in reality being even this far away made him rather uncomfortable. He ran oved to Edd, hugging him tightly and holding him up a bit. "But only cause you're going too." He gently sets the brit down, wrapping an arm around him and exiting the subway rather slowly.

"I love you, Tord."

"Whatever, you dork.~"

----------
Word Count: 779

A/N: Wowsa. I'm finally back. I'm still really unmotivated as you can see by the minimal chapter, but I tried to resolve the plot as soon as possible. I'm not really feeling the book anymore, so this might be the last chapter of this story. I was planning on adding up to 30 chapters, but because I'm not as motivated I've decided I probably won't even make it to 20. Thanks for following the story and if it gets updated again, I'll be sure to try and get to 20 chapters.