②: Primula

Noriaki came back the next day, and this time, Jotaro was more well equipped to deal with him. After his breakdown of yesterday, he was determined to either present himself as a normal, non-anxiety ridden human being or die trying. Giorno kept glancing at him out of the corner of his eye, a small smirk playing on his face; and Jotaro wanted nothing more than to wipe that smug look off his face in one fell swoop.

"Hello again," Noriaki's warm smile sent a nice tingle down Jotaro's spine. "I told you I'd come back. Although, I couldn't stay away even if I wanted to. Your honey is just too good."

"I'm flattered." Jotaro balked a little at his all too apparent flirting, all his preparing for this moment falling to pieces in the wake of the blush steadily creeping across his face. "I'll assume you've come by to buy more?"

"Partially, yes. And partially because I like the atmosphere of this place. It's much quieter than the bakery."

"Well, you're welcome to stay as long as you like. I'm not too busy, and I could use the company."

Noriaki gave a soft chuckle that melted Jotaro's heart and leaned onto his little stand, his golden gaze sending Jotaro's thoughts spiraling. All that effort spent trying to keep Noriaki off his mind completely was wasted with his soft features laid out like a feast for the eyes right in front of him; the taper of Noriaki's nose, the dimples inlaid in his cheeks as he smiled, the way his scarlet locks cascaded down to frame his face like a fiery halo, it all caught Jotaro's eye more than it should have. He couldn't bear to tear his eyes away, so instead, he chose to meet Noriaki's stare with an equally weighted one. This seemed to please him; as his nose crinkled in delight and his smile grew myriads wider. Jotaro could see Giorno cock an eyebrow in confusion, and a pleasant satisfaction laid itself in the pit of his stomach.

"Is that so?" Noriaki broke the silent spell, his tone just as sugary sweet as his gaze. "As much as I'd love to, I don't think I can. I've only got so much break time, honeybee, and I still haven't eaten lunch yet."

"Well, uh, you could always..." Jotaro stammered. "You could always have lunch with me. Tomorrow. My treat."

That pleasant satisfaction that had settled itself in Jotaro's stomach dissolved away, being replaced with some of the angriest butterflies he had ever felt in his life. They were flitting about unbearably, stirred up by Noriaki's nickname of 'honeybee', and it took all of Jotaro's nerve to not break down into a nervous blush right there on the spot. Noriaki's gaze dipped down and his eyebrows furrowed; but there was no sign of a concrete answer hidden behind the shadows of his lashes. Had Jotaro come on too headstrong? Was his flirting too forward? He'd only known Noriaki for two days, and yet he already asked him out in a roundabout sort of way. Was that too much? His heart began to pound, and not from the anticipation of the redhead's answer. He could see Giorno cluck his tongue and shake his head sadly, which only further built upon his anxiousness at the situation.

"I'd love to." Noriaki replied, his face brightening to the point of glowing. "It'd be a mistake to turn down free lunch, not to mention free lunch from someone as handsome as you. I'll take you up on your offer, honeybee. Does the café across the street from here suit your fancy?"

"Sounds okay to me." Jotaro said simply, resisting the urge to blink in disbelief. He saw Giorno's jaw drop, and a grin played itself his face.

"Good." Noriaki turned and gave a little wave. For the first time, Jotaro noticed the cherry red polish on his fingers. It suited him nicely. "I've gotta go, Jotaro. I look forward to tomorrow."

"Me too!" Jotaro called after him, his face going beet red. Noriaki didn't hear him, but he didn't mind all that much. He had scored a date. An actual date, with an actual person, that he actually really liked. Not only that, but he had rubbed Giorno's nose in it and then some. He shot a smug grin at him and raised an eyebrow.