1

"I.. I'm glad you've started visiting the guild again.. everyone was missing you. We were all worried sick about you, Mirajane. After we learned of you breaking up with Laxus and how you weren't feeling well, well, we..." Erza trailed off as she stared at the white-haired mage. She didn't want to upset Mirajane anymore than she already was. Perhaps she should refrain from mentioning Laxus or their break up.

Mirajane smiled kindly in response, though Erza could see the pain in it.

"You don't need to force yourself when you're with me." Erza said, placing a comforting hand on Mirajane's shoulder. Mirajane sighed in response, melting into the warmth of Erza's touchh. Erza noticed that now Mirajane, though still sad, was also sporting a slightly mischievous expression on her face.

"I'm not forcing anything. Say, did you miss me too, Erza?" She asked. Had it been anyone else, Erza would have yelled a frustrated 'yes!' However, Mirajane and her went way back and used to be rivals back in the day. Even today, when they were no longer rivals, Erza did treat her slightly different from the others, though it was mainly because of Mirajane's personality. That.. and maybe she had a crush on the girl. It wasn't a big thing and all, especially in comparison to her love for Jellal, but the feeling was still there.

Erza narrowed her eyes, avoiding eye-contact with Mirajane in light embarrassment. "U-Uh.. Yeah.. Of course I did.." she mumbled, her cheeks heating up a little.

Mirajane felt terrible after her break up. And she felt like being a terrible person. She couldn't really care about consequences or other's feelings at the moment.

"Hey, Erza, come here." Mirajane said, beckoning Erza with a finger. Erza looked confused but scooted closer to Mirajane. Mirajane wrapped her arm around Erza's waist and rested her head against her chest.

"Mira..?" Erza called uncertainly, staring down at Mirajane in confusion and surprise. After a minute, Mirajane rested her chin on Erza's shoulder, breathing on her neck. She felt Erza tense up, and for some reason, this gave her satisfaction. ".. Are you okay, Mira..?"

"Sorry. I really just don't feel so good." Mirajane sighed, shifting to get more comfortable against Erza. Erza didn't reply, just hugged Mirajane back.

"I understand that feeling.." She murmured eventually. "I felt like crap after Jellal rejected me and we had a fight.." Mirajane felt herself frown just a little too. So Erza wasn't feeling great either. And yet, she still had the strength to continue her daily activities as if nothing had happened. Mirajane on the other hand... ugh. Mirajane didn't want to think about it.

"Hey.. Erza.. Can I stay at your place today?" Mirajane asked.

"Sure." Erza said. "Say, wanna get some strawberry cake? I'll get you the best in town. You deserve it, after all you've been through." She said. Mirajane giggled, nodding. She hugged Erza tighter.

Mirajane was a mess. And she was going to make Erza a mess, too. Unintentionally, but done nonetheless. In the coming future, Mirajane truly regretted not sucking up her pain and emotions and the poor decisions she made with Erza.