Chapter 2

Shane

I woke up the next morning with Claire's arms wrapped around my chest. My own arms were tightly locked around her waist, protecting her against the horrors of her nightmares. In her sleep her eyebrows were frowning slightly and I lifted up a hand gently stroke out look worry on her face.

She was so beautiful when she slept. She breathed in quick breaths and smiled sometimes when I cuddled her. Her hair fell on to her pretty face and she srunched up her nose as it tickled her.

I'm so lucky to have her I thought I love her so much and-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Her phone was sitting on the bedside table and I grabbed it to shut it up. I always hated that alarm. It means she has to get up to go and work for Myrnin. I can't stand leaving her to go to him, God knows what he wants to do to her, but the barbeque won't chop itself.

I sigh and gently wake Claire up.

"Claire, darling, wake up." I whisper into her ear.

She looks up at me with her pretty eyes, sleepy as they are they are still beautiful to me.

"Morning." She smiles.

"Good morning, my Claire Bear." I gently kiss her on the nose.

"Dibs on the shower." She says.

"Better hurry up, you know what Eve is like."

She hurries out of bed and I laugh as she trips over her feet. As she disappears out of the door I think of all the things me and Claire have been through. I thought I'd lost her when the leader of draug, Magnus, had snapped her neck and she lay motionless on our living room floor. I felt so helpless, after Alyssa and my Mom had gone I thought I'd be forever alone and depressed but then to meet someone like Claire, to love her the way I do, was just amazing. And to loose her after all that had happened... if Claire's ghost hadn't stopped me I would have shot myself. But then, as much as I hate to say it, I had Myrnin to thank because he brought her back to me. At least he is useful for one thing.

I climbed out of bed and made way my down stairs. I would have a shower after everyone stopped running everywhere trying to get ready. Mornings in Glass House were always hell especially with Eve. I grunted morning to Michael and he grunted back. Me and him never were morning people. I finished my coffee and started to get ready for the day ahead.