Sleep

Joohyun was staring at the wall clock hanged right in front of her bed. It was past three yet she still can't sleep. Turning her head to the side, she caught sight of Seulgi's toned back. Seulgi was supposed to change out off her sports bra but the poor girl fell straight to her bed, snoring as soon as her body hits the mattress.

Joohyun sat up, taking her duck printed blanket off her legs. Slowly and gently, the older of the two walked towards the sleeping bear. Joohyun softly traced Seulgi's shoulder blade with her fingertips, smiling as she leaned forward to kiss Seulgi's shoulders. Seulgi stirred awake, squinting her eyes as she tries her best to focus on Joohyun's face.

"Hyun..?"

Cutely rubbing her eyes, Seulgi yawned and then stretched her arms. "What time is it?" Seulgi drowsily asked, her hand scratching her bare abs.

"It's 3 in the morning..."

Seulgi hummed knowingly, scooting a bit to make space for her girlfriend. The bear-like girl pats the space beside her as if telling Joohyun to lie down. Joohyun snuggled closer to Seulgi the moment she laid beside the bear, burying her nose on the crook of Seulgi's neck.

Seulgi was starting to fall asleep again when Joohyun spoke, "Seul... I want to ask you something..." Seulgi lazily hummed in response.

"Do you like me?"

Seulgi was utterly confused as to why Joohyun would ask such a ridiculous question.

"Hyunie... We've been dating for 9 years now."

"Yeah, I know but.. What if you unliked me..?"

Seulgi sighed, "I just want to sleep peacefully..".

"That would never happen. You know how much I love you."

"Okay. I love you too."

Seulgi left a kiss on Joohyun's forehead before going back to sleep.

Not long after, Seulgi felt a light tap on her arm. She took a glance at the clock, "3:34 am.".

"What is it now, Hyun?"

"What do you think would happen to us if one day, you suddenly turned to a bear?"

Seulgi blinked a few times, not knowing what to say.

"Err... Say what now..?" To be honest, Seulgi was beyond confused. She had no idea as to where Joohyun got those kinds of thoughts.

"Considering that I'm pretty scared of any animal... I feel like it would end really badly."

Seulgi chose not to reply to Joohyun's absurd thoughts and just closed her eyes.

"Yah Kang Seulgi... Listen to me when I talk!" Joohyun's sudden increase in volume startled the poor bear.

"H-huh..? Yeah... Okay.." Seulgi really just wants to go back to sleep.

"Now where was I.. Oh right. The bear!" Joohyun traced patterns on Seulgi's abdomen as she spoke.

Seulgi was so sleepy that Joohyun's voice was just incoherent mumbling in her brain. To make Joohyun think she's listening, Seulgi tried her best to hum in response every once in a while. The girl ended up humming as she sleeps. Talk about multitasking.

Seulgi was already off to dreamland but...

Tap.

another tap.

A smack.

Seulgi jolted awake, her eyes widened as she caresses her reddened cheek.

"You were humming even if I wasn't speaking!" Joohyun pouted.

Seulgi groaned... Heck, she was almost close to crying.

"For the love of God Joohyun! Just sleep already!" Seulgi whined.

"Geez okay... No need to be so cranky."

Seulgi smiled at Joohyun's response, kissing Joohyun goodnight.

3:57 am
.
3:58 am
.
3:59 am

"Do you think it's possible to have rabbits on the moon?"

A tear. A lone tear escaped Seulgi's reddish eye.

"Another sleepless night... God spare me please."