Stupid Freaking Rumors

Chapter 14 - Stupid Freaking Rumors

Megan POV

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes, getting ready to spill down my tanned face. I quickly spun around on my heels, nearly falling over in the process, and ran out of the room.

The tears in my eyes clouded my vision as they ran down my face. I ran for who knows how long. I didn’t even know where I was running to. How could he! Why is it that when everything seems perfect it just has to get ripped away from me?!

While running I ripped my boots off of my feet as they kept making me almost fall over.

Slowly, I came to a stop as I felt I could run no longer, and my eyes were so full of tears that I couldn’t see where I was going. I slid down a wall, so that I was sitting on my but, and just sat there sobbing. Letting all the tears run down my face like a waterfall.

It hadn’t even been five minutes, and I heard the click of shoes of someone walking down the hall. The footsteps got closer and closer. I really didn’t give a shit if it were a teacher. I didn’t care about detentions or any shit like that. All that was going through my mind was the image of George kissing another girl.

Click.

Click..

Click…

Click…… The steps slowed and soon came to a stop. I didn’t bother looking up to see who it was, as I was still breaking down in sobs.

“Megan?” slowly spoke a familiar voice.

Draco.

I slowly turned my head upwards to look at him, not bothering to wipe the tears away from my face as I knew that they would just come back and it would be pointless.

He sat on his knees in front of me and did something very… un-Dracoish? He embraced me in a tight hug, letting me cry into his chest, not even bothering to ask what was wrong.

I don’t know how long we sat there like that, but I soon felt as if the tears were slowly coming to a stop. I pulled away from Draco. There was a huge spot on his white shirt that was stained with a mix of tears and mascara.

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” I apologized.

Draco looked down to his shirt. “It’s fine. I’m a wizard for a reason,” he said with a smirk. He reached his hand out and wiped the tears off of my face with the sleeve of his shirt.

I forced a smile, and sat back against the wall. Draco did the same. I rested my head on his shoulder; Friends do that, right? Well, if not, too bad.

We sat there in silence for a while, until, you know, Draco broke the silence. “Why were you crying?” he asked.

I paused a second, debating on whether I should tell him about what I saw. My debate resolved in me telling him, as you will read in the next few sentences. “George, my boyfriend, cheated on me. At the party, I saw him making out with another girl!” I exclaimed.

“Making out?” he asked in confusion.

I forgot that he didn’t understand the American terms. “Snogging,” I corrected, yet I said it with a British accent. He made an ‘o’ shape with his lips. “I mean, I had just talked to him not even ten minutes before! So it’s not like he was drunk or anything. A-and just this morning we were making out in the Great Hall, acting like a normal couple that wasn’t ready to break up or anything. A-a-and- Ugh!” I started crying again. Draco pulled me back into a hug so I could, yet again, cry into him. A few seconds later I muttered, “I’m upset.”