3

Hahaaaa.. I definitely did not forget about this. I uh.. *cough* Lemme just start the chapter
————————————

I had walked away while they talked about their battle strategy, considering I would not be fighting along with them. I strolled through the town, absentmindedly looking around. Eventually, I came across Kakashi and Jiraya at a dango shop, talking about things that I should most likely not know about. I walked passed them, making sure they did not know of me. If they are to talk about secret evil organizations, should they not speak about it in an enclosed space where everyone in the dango shop won't hear them? Maybe it's not something I can understand about them.

I continued down the path until I noticed that I could sense someone in the tree a few meters ahead of me. They seemed familiar but I was still skeptical. After all, why would a villager be in a tree? I walked near the tree, and when the person had spotted me, they leaped. I had sensed no murderous intent, which caught me off guard. I allowed them to tackle me to the ground wrapping their limbs around me. I looked at the face and my eyes widened in surprise.

"It's been a long time Kiba." I said, sitting up. He flashed me a toothy smile before getting up and holding out a hand for me, which I grabbed.

"Yea, man, long time no see! I'm glad I didn't tackle some random guy that looked similar to you, which has happened a couple of times." He admitted, laughing lightly to shake off the embarrassment that had showed through his reddening face.

"How long have you been up there?" I asked. He shrugged and then looked behind me, seeming to be motioning for someone to do something. I was about to look back when I felt a giant tongue lick up my back and over my hair, making the hair on the back of my head stick up. "Nice to see you, too, Akamaru." Kiba doubled over, laughing and pointing at my new hairdo while his surprisingly large dog happily sat by me, not knowing what was going on. People who were walking by started looking at Kiba strange, along with my hair. I patted it down and watched as Kiba slowly calmed down, taking deep breathes and wiping and imaginary tear off his eye.

"Woo I needed that laugh. Thanks Hitori." He said, patting my shoulder. "So," he started, keeping a hand on my shoulder while he raised a brow, "about getting rated R.."

"Hitori!" I looked in the direction that my name was called from, seeing bright orange coming my way. Naruto was running towards me, waving his arms around for whatever reason. He stood next to me, grinning. "Come and see our match against Kakashi! It's almost time for it to start, so I thought I'd come get you!"

"I might as well come with you," I replied. I do not know why he came to fetch me so early. It's about a half an hour before the match is to start and about an hour until Kakashi will actually be there. He grabbed my hand and tugged me in the direction of the training ground. Kiba huffed and yelled a goodbye as I was pulled away. I waved to him and Akamaru until I was pulled around a corner. Naruto was talking about what he was going to do while fighting Kakashi while I was looking at the people we were passing. Many familiar faces had struck me as I walked by. Some of which I remember seeing peeking at me from behind a corner while I walked down paths all of those years ago. As they made eye contact with me, their eyes widened and some gasped. I just continued walking in the direction naruto was walking, nodding my head occasionally when he would look my way. Honestly, I paid no attention to what he was saying. I would just watch their plans unfold while the match plays on.

We had arrived at the training ground soon after and I leaned against the fence with Sakura while we waited for Kakashi. Naruto took to pacing in front of us, waiting for Kakashi. About 20 minutes of pacing later, he began to complain.

"Is Kakashi-Sensei going to make us wait forever?!" He asked, clearly being rhetorical. Nevertheless, Sakura answered him.

"Well, he's always been like this." She said.