7

I sat up in my bed, looking at the other two who were sharing the room with me. Both of them were still asleep. I looked out of the window and saw that the sun had barely made it past the horizon. I guess it became a habit after all of the sleeping outside for the past few years. I walked out of the room and into the hallway, about to start walking around until I heard Pakkun's voice and the crinkling of paper behind me. Turning around, I could see that Kakashi was up and Pakkun was informing him of, hopefully, Gaara's whereabouts. I made my way back into the room and stood by Kakashi's bedside in order to see the map.

"So.. that's where their hideout is.." Kakashi mumbled, looking at where Pakkun had his paw placed. Strange place, considering it's near a water source. People usually travel near water sources and they're a secret organization. I suppose they need regular sources of water too.

"Most likely. Gaara's scent was also coming from that same place," Pakkun stated, his paw still on the map.

Kakashi looked at the map for another second before looking towards the dog, "I have one more favor to ask." Right after he said that favor, Naruto rolled out of his bed and onto the floor. I smiled slightly at him while he rolled over and went onto his knees when Pakkun greeted him, leaving out the window right after.

"Kakashi sensei, could it be that you've found the Akatsuki's hideout?" Naruto questioned after he turned away from the window Pakkun just jumped out of.

"Yea.. We're heading out immediately," the silver haired sensei replied, strapping on his kunai pouch. Both Naruto and I nodded before getting reading to leave. I quickly informed Sakura of the plan to leave as soon as I was done. Gaara is in the hands of a dangerous organization, there truly is no time to waste. I could feel my hands clenching as I thought about the possibilities of what could have happened to him in the hideout. I know how likely it is that he would be alive when we find him, but that will not stop me from trying to get him back.

We made it outside once everyone was set, Kakashi standing in front of us. "We will be leaving as soon as the Sand is ready," he stated. Right after we all agreed, Temari walked up to us with a group of Sand ninjas behind her.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting!" she called. From her expression, it was easy to tell that she needed Gaara to come back safely, just as much as we wanted him to.

"Alright! Then let's head out," Naruto said, stretching a bit in order to prepare for the running that would commence as soon as we begin the journey.

Right after this, however, there was an interuption keeping us from leaving with the Sand shinobi. In the end, what is important is that Chiyo, the retired but famed puppeteer, would be aiding us in the mission. Although she is old in age, she still has skills that none of the shinobi previously leaving with us would have had. The others had said they would follow us after they were granted permission, but that is something that we cannot depend on happening. 

While we were jumping through the trees, Sakura suddenly began a conversation with Naruto. "Can I ask you something? Since how long ago were you targeted by the Akatsuki?"

"I don't know..." he mumbled, taking the lead in the movement through the trees.

"There was this one time when two people from the Akatsuki came to the Leaf Village in order to make contact with Naruto," Kakashi answered, jumping next to Sakura now while I took the rear. "But that was three years ago.. and they just started making a move now. I don't know why."

"Why did they wait three years?" she asked. I looked between the two, not understanding why she would ask that when he just said he did not know why. Perhaps to get a general idea of what is happening in his head.

Kakashi hummed and said, "It could be it wasn't because they didn't want to, but because they couldn't. Because Jiraiya was always hanging close to Naruto." I raised a brow at that idea. There would be no reason that they could not steal Naruto away with the kind of power I have heard they possess. There should be something else on top of that at least.

"No. Based on the information I acquired there apparently is another reason," Chiyo suddenly added, jumping into the conversation. "There's quite a lot of preparation involved if one's going to draw out the Tailed Beast that's sealed within people. They encountered difficulties with that."

What she said would make the most sense, but it concerns me greatly. That means that they have overcome the difficulties if they had gone after a powerful man like Gaara. I was then cut from my thoughts when Sakura asked what a tailed beast was. For some reason, it angered me. As Chiyo began explaining what it was, I looked towards Naruto. He is most likely worried about what information will be disclosed here, but to think that she still has no idea? To think that she did not even think to seek the knowledge of the tailed beasts? It matters not of how it was kept a secret in the Leaf, she is a skilled shinobi who claims to value intelligence, yet she did not wish to find out anything until now? She has seen so much from simply being acquainted with Naruto and yet she does not know?

I caught up to Naruto and looked at his expression, a frown making it to my own lips as I gazed upon him. My eyes then flicked to a presence we were almost on top of. My eyes trained on it before we passed. Who was that? I do not know the Akatsuki member's faces as many people do not, but even if it were a member, attacking that body would not be of use.

We made it to a clearing but with the person who met us there, it was nowhere near a positive sight. His energy was threatening, and Kakashi seemed to almost fear him from the way his breathing changed. "Everyone, halt!" Kakashi yelled, holding his arms out in a wide motion so we were alerted. We all took defensive positions as we laid eyes on the man in front of us.

"Itachi.. Uchiha," Naruto muttered.

---

I cant even remember if Hitori knows who Itachi is to be honest. Someone tell me.