7

The soft pitter patter of rain droplets hit the ground with not so much grace. At the speed of bullets raining down. The streets were cleared of any civilians, vehicles and more. The soft melodies of animals rang throughout the area as animals ran to find shelter.

Everything was at peace, all but two people.

A man was walking with a black and red umbrella. His blonde hair tousled and bags were present underneath his cerulean blue eyes. He wore a deep frown on his face, trodding through the lonely streets. Stress weighed him down, his footsteps grew slow and weary.

Loud splashes followed swiftly behind him. Indistinct yelling faded in to the rain. The person's voice sounding akin to that of a static television channel. He groaned, knowing exactly who it was.

"Naruto!" She shouted, inching closer towards him. Soon enough, Hinata was before him, soaked to the bone and panting with hands on her knees. He normally perfectly combed hair had seemingly pasted onto her body. He scoffed at her recklessness, seemingly almost used to it.

Naruto's expression was that of a statue when she finally rose to face him.

"I was looking everywhere for you!" She yelled.

"You ran? In the rain? How stupid can you be?" He questioned incredulously. 

Naruto sighed. "What do you want?" Annoyance evident in his tone. Naruto began tapping his feet, face contorting and becoming angrier by the second.

"Look at what we got! We lost 30 fucking marks! I lost that! Do you know how much trouble is gonna happen now?!" She shrieked, her cheeks were puffy and red as she glared at him.

"I don't care." He stated nonchalantly. He was just about ready to turn around and head home. And he would have, he should have.

So why did he stay? Why did he still have the urge to wrap his arms around her and shelter her from the pouring rain?

Hinata glowered at him "YOU NEVER CARED! IT'S YOUR FAULT IN TH-"

Before she could finish, he snarled at her.

"Never cared? Pray tell me why should I give a shit about your grades?" He stated in a slow, dangerous voice.

Hinata stared in shock. There wasn't a hint of amusement,confusion or anything.

Just anger...

But she did something she instantly regretted..

"We're a team dumbass! You're required to care!"

Naruto looked like a feral animal ready to pounce on his prey at any given moment. The way how he clocked his tongue, how his eyes looked like it almost narrowed into slits or how he growled at her.

Nonetheless, it gave her goosebumps.

"Because at the end of the day, you're just like everybody else. Liars, fakes. Bitching about you're life when there are people who have none."

"You're just a spoiled rich brat, Hinata."

Every single one of his words shook her to the core, but hutted her the most.

"I hate you all. Just die already." Naruto growled out. He stomped away, leaving behind a shell shocked Hinata.

She stared and stared at the silhouette leaving.

She was shocked beyond belief. Sadness, anger, hatred, a tornado of emotions swirled in her and Hinata did the only thing she could've done at the moment.

She cried.
And cried.

She turned and ran in the direction of her house, crying.

Because he was right.

"Pa-t-thetic..." She choked out.

~🌻

Naruto stomped away in the direction of home. He didn't mean to say those things to her, it just came out.

He felt really bad, both emotionally and physically.

He slammed the door of his apartment open, scaring the neighbours and screamed a heart wrenching scream as he punched a glass mirror. It shattered into a million, shiny pieces and decorated the floor. Naruto's knuckles being bruised and bleeding, as he gripped the edges of the sink until his knuckles turned white.

His breathing was ragged. He gazed into the broken mirror, only to be looking at his deformed reflection staring back at him.

And then it was almost like if it was speaking to him, it growled out.

"You're a monster."

I know...

"I'm.....sorry." He choked out whiles beginning to sob.

~🍜