V. My Soul To Take

Sample Only

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

My Soul To Take by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive a downloadable PDF under the Pack Member Tier for $1.00.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se  

A scream leaves my lips before I duck inside the garage door, slamming it behind me and locking it

A scream leaves my lips before I duck inside the garage door, slamming it behind me and locking it. Taking a few steps back and away, I hold my cell phone tightly keeping the light on the door.

It's not a few seconds later, that I hear Svana call, "Katla, can we get your light over here?"

"Y-Yeah," I'm quick to turn away from the door, shining the light over everything in the garage, working my way back past two cars. Stepping to the side, I turn down a small opening to see Erikur fumbling with the switches on the breaker box, Svana next to him as she tries to give her advice.

"Katla," Erikur motions for me, and I quickly near the two of them, holding the light up over his shoulder so he can read the tags.

While Erikur attempts to get power back on, Svana crosses her arms beneath her breasts, leaning against the opposite wall just a few feet from us. She murmurs, "That's the craziest thing I've ever seen..." she sighs and shakes her head, placing a hand over her heart and saying, "Dear Lord, I promise I'll never drink again."

"What are you talking about?" Erikur asks, flipping two switches.

Svana nods at me and says, "Tell him, Katla, you saw the moon too."

"I..." my voice waivers, seeing the appearance of that creature flash through my mind. I haven't been drinking, I have no excuse, except that I might be imagining things, or hallucinating.

Svana grumbles, "The world is coming to an end...well, that or I'm drunk as shit."

"Svana!" I shake my head, and she quickly apologizes for her profanity.

"Look, I don't know what happened, but it's-"

"I saw something," I cut her off, Erikur flipping two more switches, his gaze lifting, but the lights remain off.

Svana furrows her brows, "What?"

A loud bang comes from the side of the garage, my heart rate escalating again. Erikur's hands lift away from the switches, Svana moving away from the wall to stand next to us. There're a few seconds of silence, Svana asking, "What was that?"

Not a second later, another loud bang comes from the same place, metal slamming against the wall, a scraping sound following.

Svana panics, jumping and asking, "Okay, seriously...what was that?!"