First Day, Worst Day...

BTW I make the chapter titles....

She was an innocent, shy, quiet girl. And he was a not-so-innocent, bad boy that can't love. How did they end up changing each other from just being roommates?

Maya's POV

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"But Mija! I won't be able to visit you. Are you sure you wanna go all the way out there?" My mom whined. I decided that I was going to Cornell for college but it was in New York. "Mamita! You can still visit, just not a lot. It's an Ivy League school. I've already decided and I'm leaving in two days." I said. I never thought I would disagree with my mom about school, or anything. She was always so supportive and happy for me but ever since I got accepted into Cornell, it's gone downhill. My dad, who doesn't speak a lick of english, walked into the room. I was born in America so my English and Spanish was great. My mom was born in Mexico but raised in America. My dad was born and raised in El Salvador and only came to America recently. I'm not his biological daughter but I was glad when he came in my life. "Cariño, déjala crecer y ser su propia persona ..." He basically said, Honey, let her grow up and be her own person. My mom slumped back onto the couch and sighed. I thanked my dad and rushed up to my room to pack. My dad paid for my plane ticket up there. I just hoped I wouldn't have a terrible roommate.

I waved goodbye to my parents and my friends that tagged along before running to the gates. I got to the gate just as they issued the last call for boarding. I was so impatient and scared waiting to get on the plane that I almost left my bag. Settling down in the seat after putting my carry on in the overhead bin, anxiety settled in. I was on a plane by myself for the first time in my life. So many things could go wrong which could result in death. While thinking about that, the plane took off. I was hyper and scared. The people on the ground looked tiny, like they could be crushed from just stepping on them when in reality, I was one of those people. When I was on the ground, I looked like that. My brain threw possibilities around in my head before finally shutting down and going to sleep, and that made me go to sleep.

The loud beep of the plane intercom coming on woke me. "This is your captain speaking. We are now landing in New York." For some random reason people started clapping. I didn't join in since I thought it was weird that they were congratulating the pilot for doing their job correctly. Once safely on the ground I started to get my stuff and get off the plane. Getting through the airport was by far the toughest part of my trip. I never realized how annoying it was when my sister talked about it. I took out my phone and called an Uber. Cornell was in Ithaca, or Cornell WAS Ithaca. The campus covered the entire place. I needed to make it to my part of the campus. My foot tapped impatiently while I waited for the car. A black car that matched the description on my phone pulled up and the window rolled down. "Maya?" The woman inside asked. "Yes, thank you." I said and hopped in the car. "So, I'm assuming you go to Cornell?" She asked. "Uh, yeah." I blankly replied. I was focused on getting my phone to turn on so I could text my mom. "Was it your first choice?" she asked. "Uh well no. I wanted to go to a school closer to home but then I heard about this. I got a letter from Cornell." I said. My phone beeped uncontrollably with messages. "What was your first choice then?" My driver asked. I thought she was being a bit too interested in my life but I was too polite to just ignore her. "It was actually something in my state. Towson University." I replied. "Well it looks like we're here. Have a good day." she said. I sighed in relief. "Thank you, you too." I replied and left her car. She opened the trunk so I could get my stuff.

"And classes start Monday. That's it. Oh, and you're roommate is Noah Ashley. I'll see you Monday." I was showed around the school immediately. It took almost half an hour trying to find my way back to my dorm. I unlocked the door and pushed my way into the messy two person dorm. There were a few guys on the couch when I walked in and they all made me uncomfortable. They eyed me up and down which gave me shivers. "You're the new roommate right? Maya García?" One of them asked. "Noah's taking a crap." Another added. I rolled my eyes at the fact that they laughed at the remark. "Sup. Who's you?" Another guy had walked into the room from the hallway. In total, there were four of them. "M-Maya." I said. I mentally facepalmed for stuttering. "I know my roommate is Maya not M-Maya." The guy teased. Again, I rolled my eyes. "I'm just joshin ya. Sheesh." He smiled. "No comment." I mumbled under my breath. "That's your room." He said, pointing at the second door in the hall. I picked up my two bags and left to my new room. "The one thing I asked for was a good roommate, or even a "fine" one. But no, I got a douche."