My Friends

Noah's POV

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Maya seemed like the kinda girl that was so innocent and smart. Like the ones that love random artists and bands that no-one has ever heard of. Doesn't even know what a dick is. She just gave off those vibes. She was something that I wanted. "Wanna fuck already man? She just walked in the door, usually it takes at least a minute." Dan said. Dan, Phil, and Ethan were my friends. "Fuck off Dan." I said, falling down onto the couch next to him. Long term relationships weren't my thing, ever since the girl I thought was my soulmate left me for a dick. My heart was broken beyond repair and I no longer felt love for people. "Same as always, just hit it and quit it. You can't do this all your life man." Ethan sighed. They all had relationships that failed but they were fine, still dating and meeting people. I just couldn't. "I can and I will." I replied. I turned on the TV to the football game. "Dammit. Cowboys are winning." I mumbled. "Yes! Cowboys are winning!" Phil cheered along with Dan and Ethan. I was a Packers fan and they were losing. Cowboys 18 Packers 3. "Winning by a longshot aren't they?" I asked. The question was rhetorical. I could barely hear it over the game and my friends but I heard music. Very quiet music. I got up, saying I was going to the kitchen but I walked down the hall to Maya's room. "Hola mamita!" I heard her. I did hear that she was Hispanic, Latino, Mexican. One of those. "Mija! You made it safely?" I pushed the door open more than it was already, going unnoticed. "Si mama. How are you?" Maya said. It seemed weird that they talked with a mix of English and Spanish. I just wanted to say, pick a language and stick with it. She was putting up her stuff with music playing on the phone with her "mama".

I left back to the living room of the dorm. I could see that Maya would be quiet and reserved, wouldn't bother anybody unlike me. I was the total opposite if her which posed a problem to get close to her. "Maybe you shouldn't try with this one. I can't see another innocent girl crushed by you because you were crushed before." Dan said. They never showed any care towards my actions before this. I didn't understand why they did now. "Why, you crushin?" I asked. "No. It's just....she seems so nice. Like she shouldn't even be in this world, that nice. I don't want to see someone like that crushed by you." He said, still staring at the screen. "Yeah, whatever." I scoffed but in reality I was thinking about what he said for the rest of the night.

Maya's POV

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"All right. Mama. Mama ok. Mama I get it! I'll call you everyday but I need to go. I'm gonna get some sleep. Ok..bye mama." I said. It takes a while to get off the phone with my mother. All of my clothes were put away, my laptop and stuff was set up on the desk that comes in your room. I put up some pictures of things I liked, like FNAF and BTS. My room looked and felt like home. I heard the football game when I turned my music off. "If they are loud all night I'm gonna murder a bear." I said to myself. "Don't do that, bears are Cornell's mascot." Somebody said. "I'm Dan, sorry for Ethan being so rude when you got here. For him it's a habit. Phil's nicer though." He said. I sat down on my bed and started pulling my shoes off. "I'm having a hard time believing that." I said. "Seriously. The only one that's actually a dick is your roommate." He joked, mostly un-jokingly. I laughed a tiny bit. "So what's your plan, like what are you majoring in?" He asked. I shrugged, "I don't know....Art?" I said. "Cool. I can't do any art for shit." He smiled. "May I come in?" he asked. I realized that he was just standing in the doorway. "Noah thinks I have a crush on you already." He said, randomly. "Why would he? I just got here?" I asked, kinda amused. "That's what I said." Dan exclaimed. "By the way Noah just went out for a minute. You should come out and me the others before that bean comes back." He said. "Are you from England?" I asked, he just gave me those vibes. "How'd you know? Is it that obvious by the way I speak? But yeah, Phil is too. Ethan's American." he said, I just nodded and followed him out of my room. "Wassup?" "Hiya." "Hi." I replied. I awkwardly sat down away from them. I wasn't good with meeting or talking to people. "Right, I'm Phil." The tallest of the few said. "I'm Ethan, the rude one." The small boy with blue hair held his head down. I smiled a tiny bit, hiding behind my fringe. Dan and Phil and emo haircuts but my was by far the most emo.

"Noah's on his way back up." Dan said. "We should go too." Ethan added. "Wait, here's my number." Dan said, taking my phone. "Put mine in too!" Ethan smiled. "Me too." Phil said. "Ok you little pricks. Hold on." Dan replied before giving me back my phone. I left to my room, put my phone on the charger, and went to sleep.

The next few days of the week didn't matter to me. I was stressing over my first class which was today. I got up early so I could take my time getting dressed and really wake up. I trudged over to my closet and pulled out a pastel blue shirt with a unicorn on it. I reached into my draw for some jeans. I only owned jeans, I hated skirts. I slipped on some tennis shoes that were the same color as my shirt. I for my bag, stuffing my books, pencils, and laptop in it. The rest of the dorm was silent. I tugged on my earphones for a while, trying to untangle them. I plugged them into my phone, turned on BTS and started to leave the dorm. It didn't take that long for me to get dressed or get to my first class. Class started in two minutes so I just sat somewhere to wait. I expected to see all unfamiliar faces but I was wrong. Once class started and more people were there, I noticed people that looked like old friends. I had a small group of friends in middle school and we kinda drifted apart when I moved away from Virginia to Maryland. It wasn't that far but we never seemed to hang out anymore. Matt, Ryan, and Lizzie. After the first class was over I went to see if they remembered me. "H-Hey. It's Maya." I said. Matt tilted his head like he was confused. I gulped, if they didn't remember me then that would be awkward. "Maya García? From HMS?" Ryan asked. "Well yeah, that's me." I said, beaming. "Oh my god. You look so different Maya! I barely recognize you!" Matt exclaimed. "I could say the same for you. You guys don't look like my old friends." I smiled. "Oh come on. We still look the same, how'd you find us then?" Lizzie spoke up. Lizzie was still the tall bean I remembered. Though now she had pink dyed hair, she still looked like the Lizzie I remembered. Ryan was a bit chubbier than I remembered, his hair was shorter and he was shorter. "How did you shrink Ryan?" I joked. He laughed at my remark, shooting a playful punch at me. Matt was taller, skinnier, and he had blonde hair when I remembered it being black. "I never thought I'd see you guys again." I sighed. "Life always leads you back to what you love." Lizzie quoted. "Ok. You're still the same cringe quote Liz." I laughed. "You should come hang out with us. We're meeting our friends at the mall later." I nodded a left them to whatever I needed to do next.