INK3-16

Epilogue Sixteen: Secret (Part Five)

The American doctor, Dr. Trey Mchowart, came in from the examination room.

"Kotoko, it's time for your treatment," he announced. "By the way, how's your feeling?"

"I have fever these past days but it's not that worse," she answered.

"I just met your husband during our medical appointments, Kotoko. He's a genius. He might be able to formulate a cure for your case. Why don't you go and ask for his help?"

"I told you before, I don't want to burden him." she sadly sighed.

She actually missed him. She gets hurt if ever she has to act cold towards him, and at that time that she left the house, her heart aches for more. She wants to come back and hug him... but she can't.

"It's not about his responsibilities to you, Kotoko. He married you and he expected this will happen, your sickness... your health, he vowed he will never leave you."

"I know... but Irie-kun is very determined to become a Pediatrician this year. I don't want to distract him."

"But it is best that your family knows your condition."

"But I don't have a chance to be completely cured right?" she asked.

"Don't say that. There are still miracles." he hopefully said.

Kotoko went inside the testing room after that. While she was being tested, Irie-kun never left her mind. She can't keep him off of her mind.

"How's my condition?" she asked.

"Uhm..." Dr. Mchowart looked closely at the papers. "There's no progress. It is still not the cure, Kotoko-chan."

She smiled, "It's okay. I'm not in a hurry." and she fumbled her tummy. "By the way, is it possible that my child will also have this eye disease when she grows up?" she asked.

"I'm not sure but it has a big probability."

"That's the reason I have to leave him. I don't want him to feel more responsible for us. He deserves more happiness and he can't find that with me forever."

"Kotoko, don't say that. There are still miracles. We just have hope."

"I know."

The next day.

Kotoko is still not going home. She sleeps inside the laboratory room. Aside from Dr. Mchowart, there are still doctors who want to examine her rare eye disease. Every day she keeps failing the tests, and every day she lost more hope. And she was also very determined in her decision even it fucking hurts.

"Kotoko, I know what happened between you and Irie... are you still not going home? You have to be careful especially that you are going to labor next month."

Kin-chan said as she visited her Father's restaurant.

"And your father is very worried about you. He closed this restaurant for two days after knowing that you ran away." he added, "What did Irie do to you? Did he cheat on you?"

"Oh, when are you going to open your own restaurant, Kin-chan? I want to taste your Takoyaki balls once again! It's really tasty." she cheerfully asked him, trying to mimic the way she acted before. And it seems her cheerfulness ended with bitterness.