Forty-two

Let's talk about character names.

Snowflakewhisperer

Ivywing

Which seems like more of an interesting cat to you?

Snowflakewhisperer?

If so, I'll just guess that's because of the name.

Some people want to be unique with their cat's names, and that's understandable. BUT, using a canon prefix/suffix isn't bad at all! You do what you want to do.

But some names are absolutely bizarre!

I'm not going to go into detail about the names I've seen, but I will give you these three tips:

-If your character's prefix/suffix is something cats wouldn't know about, you should probably change it.

Take cement for example. Cats don't know what the hell that is, unless they're in a world where they do. If not, Cement ANYTHING is not existing.

-Is your cat's prefix/suffix too long or complicated? Fix that!

Snowflake could be shortened to Snow or Ice, Blizzard maybe!

If there's a word that fits just as well as the prefix or suffix you already have, it would be better to use that instead!

-Don't be afraid to use canon prefixes and suffixes, but don't be too ordinary!

Canon words are okay to use! Don't copy actual names from the series down though, make your own! If you think the average warrior (or apprentice, or kit, or medicine cat, or-) would have that prefix or suffix, it's okay to change it!

If you don't want to be too ordinary, I would stay away from color names (Blue, Red, White) and use things that would replace those, maybe Minnow, Flame, and Snow?

and the deadly suffixes...

-fur
-heart
-claw

I avoid these three, but not everyone has my opinion, so it's really up to you!

***

So yeah

1. Make sure your prefix and suffix are reasonable and would appear in the cat world

2. Don't go overboard with them, simplify and shorten if needed

3. Canon prefixes and suffixes are okay, but don't be extremely simple and ordinary

👏 good 👏 bye 👏