The Burrito that Saved the World

I, Angeline Stacy, had everything I needed. I was the cheer captain, I had the hottest boyfriend in school, I had awesome friends. That all changed in one day.

***
I sat in my red Jeep, the Jeep I had driven so happily that morning to cheer practice. I wasn't happy anymore, now I sat crying in my red Jeep, in a mall parking lot, after dark. Luckily, the mall in my hometown didn't close until midnight, which meant I could sit crying in the parking lot for 4 more hours.

My phone buzzed and lit up on my passenger seat. A message notification from Dylan popped up. Dylan, the hottest boy on school. Dylan, the football star everybody loved. Dylan, my boyfriend of a year, up until about five hours ago.

I didn't really want to talk to Dylan. Why would I want to talk to someone who cheated on me with my bestfriend, Grace. Grace, my cheer co-captain. Grace, the bubbly brunette. Grace, my bestfriend of twelve years, up until about five hours ago.

As I sat thinking about how much I hated these two people, I heard my stomach growl. Good thing I was in the parking lot of a mall that didn't close until midnight.

I wiped off the mascara running down my face and grabbed my things. As I made my way to the mall food court I couldn't help but notice the couples littering the benches and walkways. They took selfies with their Starbucks, or held hands as they walked into Holister, some kissed.

Dylan and I would be doing these things, until about five hours ago. Now as I saw couples kiss, all I could think about was Dylan and Grace, how I walked into the hallway only to catch Grace and Dylan holding hands, Grace placing a kiss on Dylan's lips.

I felt my eyes brimming with tears as I walked closer to a restaurant in a food court. "Super Burritos" was right in front of me. I pulled out my debit card and walked up to the boy working, I knew him from biology class, Danny White.

"A number six, please," I said handing him my card.

"Coming right up."

I took a seat at a nearby table. After a couple of minutes Danny brought my food over. Instead of leaving though, he sat in the chair opposite me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, "You look upset."

"Yeah I'm fine."

"I heard about what happened with you.and Dylan, do you want to talk?"

This was a refreshing offer, and I agreed, every now and then taking a bite of my burrito. I talked, and he listened.

It only took the better half of an hour for us to hit it off. In biology the next week he asked me on a date.

A month later I was still cheer captain. I also had the hottest boyfriend in school, Danny White.

I guess you could say a burrito saved the, my, world.