Thai Essance

We finally landed at the Suvarnabhumi airport in Thailand a while ago. We are already waiting about half an hour to collect our luggage and feeling kinda bored. I leaned my head on Ana's shoulder and crossed my arms in front of my chest. Ι sighed loudly.

"Look at that couple over there" Analise said.

"What about it?"I looked at the exit and saw an old man and a woman both carrying a huge amount of luggage.

"Who do you bet on to stumble first?" Ana said laughing.

"I bet on the hubby" I answered sarcastically.

"My money goes to the lady" She stretched to firm the deal up.

After a few seconds the husband stepped on his shoelace and dropped all the baggage swearing. The old lady started a long lecture at him while I was celebrating my victory.

The luggage appeared on the mechanical walkway approaching us. We all loomed over it to find our own. Ana and I had two big gear haulers, Alex and Michael had a huge suitcase and their backpacks. Veronica and Mia were holding each a normal black suitcase while Caitlin... she stands out with her tremendous, red suitcase. We gathered together and checked we didn't forget anything.

As we walked through the exit and I saw a dark-skinned man holding a piece of paper running towards us. He grabbed Max's arm while breathless. He scared the living daylights out of Max having him screaming like a little girl "AAAHHH"

"Joder!(=Fuck)" said Alejandro frightened.

"He may be the chauffeur" I said to the guys.

"Yeah this is me, who is miss Navarro?"

"Here I am" said Ana taking a step forward.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Peerapat..." Alex burst into laughter hearing the name. Max goggled from embarrassment and hit Alejo' s ribs with his elbow to stop him from laughing. The driver glowered at them and continued "...Are we ready to go?"

"Sure" Veronica said and started walking.

As we were getting out of the airport, a hot breeze hit my face which helped me realize that we really arrived to Thailand. Then my eyes were focused on a shinny black hammer limousine, which was parked nearby. Peerapat waved at the guy standing in front of the limo, and he instantly opened the backdoor for us to get in... also helped us with the luggage. We were all so excited about this luxury ride! While Caitlin was taking off her jacket, she noticed that the chauffeur's assistant was staring at her. She smiled at him and blushed. Meanwhile, Mia was searching the cabinets for some booze.

"Why are the limos stocked with alcohol in movies but not in real life?"

The assistant giggled at this complaint and pressed a button for a secret drawer full of drinks and glasses to appear.

"Excuse me, is there any juice?" Max asked. We all glared at him and he responded "What? I am on a diet."

As we were on our way to the hotel, we were having the time of our lives inside this luxury mean of transport. I was sitting next to the window, observing the city and the people of Thailand. They were all so different individually. Most of them were looking poor but there were some really well dressed men too. Also there were lots of tourists!

"So, where are you guys from?" asked the assistant.

"From Spain" Mia answered while drinking the 5th... or 10th shot of tequila accompanied by Veronica.

"Oh, such a lovely country!"

Caitlin noticed that his English is so fluent and asked him "Are you not a native Thai?"

"No, I was born in the USA. My father is Thai"

"Oh, I love Americans!" she said excited. I looked at her and then she noticed what she just said. "... I meant America!" she marked her word the best she could.

"It's okay" he said laughing "What's your name?"

"It's Caitlin... What about yours?"

"I'm Noah... Nice to meet you" he said looking at Caitlin.

They were talking about stuff while exchanging looks through the mirror until we arrived at the hotel.

The hotel is small but luxury enough. There is a huge venue, when entering the building, where is located the reception, the sitting space for guests and an arch, through which you find yourself into the dining room. There are two large stairs, one on the left and the other on the right which lead the way to the rooms. There is a balcony creating a Π on the first floor, which looks like a way to communicate with the 'neighbors'.

The groom and Noah, helped us carry our stuff to the rooms. Ana, who was the first to enter the room, came back to me full of excitement!

"Babe, come check our room! It's awesome!" She took me by the hand and guided me through the room. It's really astonishing. There's a king size bed in the middle of the room underneath a huge window, through which you could admire the nature. Next to our room, there is Caitlin's and Veronica's. Mia's is on the other side of the building, as well as Maxwell's and Alejandro's.

After we checked the room, 'took advantage of it' and took a relaxing shower, we were ready to go have dinner. As I was getting ready, someone was knocking the door tenaciously. "Babe, can you please open the door? I'm getting ready" I shouted while I was looking at my shirts to choose one wisely.

"I'm having a shower, I can't right now" she answered.

I put on a T-shirt and opened the door and Caitlin burst through it immediately. She sat on the sofa, the one across the door and was looking around.

"Where is Analise?" she whispered.

"She's taking a shower... Are you okay?" I asked worried because she doesn't always looks that furious.

"I am ok... I don't know if you will be that okay after what I have to tell you" I looked at her worried "...your ex girlfriend is here" she continued.

I laughed and answered her "Don't bullshit me! We're at the other part of the planet!"

"I'm fucking serious Vicky, you have to believe me!". She grabbed my hand and whispered "...Christy is here with us..." looking nowhere.

I was staring at her for a couple of seconds "Don't be so dramatic, please. You might have made a mistake"

At that moment, Analise walked out of the bathroom into a bathrobe and a towel on her head. "Heeeyy sweetie! (this is what she always calls her) What's up? Are you ready for dinner?" she said smiling.

"Yes! This is why I'm here!" Caitlin said and stood up "I'm going to alert the rest of the squad!"

"Okay, see you downstairs... Bye-bye!"

Analise greet her and went to the bedroom. I remained sitting at the sofa thinking about Caitlin's words. What's gonna happen if she's right? Why should Christy be even here? After what we've gone through with Analise the last month, this could destroy everything.

"Baby, are you ready?" Ana asked and after looking at me, she continued "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine" I answered as I'm standing up.

We put on some perfume and we were ready to walk out of the room.