Chapter Five

I woke up at around ten the next morning.

Groaning, I sit up and run a hand through my hair. After swinging the blankets off of me, I get up and do my morning business in the bathroom. I come back in my room and get dressed for the day. Blue skinny jeans with holes in the knees and an old white Coca-Cola t-shirt and some fuzzy socks.

I put on a bit of mascara and grab my phone off the charger when there's a knock at the door.

I glance at the clock and see that it's almost eleven and I frown as I make my way to the door, opening it to find William standing there.

"Hi." he says smiling. "I brought the beer and a shit ton of films."

I smile at him and take the beer, stepping out of the way so he can come in. "I wasn't expecting you until later. I'll order the pizza now, if you'd like." I tell him.

William shakes his head and makes his way to the living room. "No, it quite alright. I just wanted to get out of the palace for a bit. Mother was throwing a fit about my birthday and how she wanted a formal party in the palace's parlor room and I was telling her how I just wanted some of my friends there and to just have a good time, that not everything had to be formal and she got angry with me. Am I too early?" he says, turning to face me.

I shake my head and smile at him. "No. No you're not. I'm sorry about your mother. I'm sure she just wants you to have fun. She'll come around."

William smiles more and sits down, opening one of the beers and taking a sip. "Thank you. Would you like to pick the movie?"

Nodding, I walk over and sit beside him on the couch, grabbing the bag filled with DVD's and looking through them.

"Wow, you actually picked some good ones." I mutter, "Love, Simon and Baby Driver. The Avengers, It, Wonder, Dunkirk, Get Out." I glance over at him. "Do you like thrillers?"

William nods and takes another sip of his beer, pointing to Get Out. "I do. I've never seen this one though."

I gasp and get up, walking over to the TV, opening the movie case and putting the disk in before looking back at William. "It's so good. I saw it with my friend Bri when it came out. I'm not gonna lie, I just about shat myself at some parts."

William chokes on his beer, his face full of laughter. He quickly swallows his drink and sets it down, looking at me. "Bloody hell, you're a funny one."

I shrug and grab the remote from the coffee table, sitting next to him.

As the previews start showing, I can feel William's gaze on me and I look over at him. "What?"

The young prince smiles, biting his lip. "'Tell me about yourself."

I raise a brow, leaning back at bit and crossing my legs. "What do you want to know?"

William runs a hand through his already messy hair, looking around my small apartment. "Oh, I don't know. Let's start with simple things. How old are you? What are you studying?"

"I'm 19. I'm studying Creative Writing. I uh- I want to be an author." I tell him.

He just smiles and meets my eyes. "Do you have anything written yet?"

I nod and then shrug. "Yes, well- no. I've been trying to start something, anything, but I can't. I guess I just don't have the proper motivation."

William nods and then takes the remote from me, pausing the movie before it starts and gives me his full attention. "And your favorite color? Book? Movie?"

I giggle and brush a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Uhm, I really like grey, or like an ashy blue. My favorite book is probably Billy Taylor's Just Friends series. I love them so much. He's so great and I actually met him before and I got his autograph, oh! Let me show you!" I exclaim, jumping up and running to my room. I look on the built-in bookshelf in my room until I find the two books, grabbing them and coming back to the living room.

"Here." I say, handing him the books. "The autographs are on the front page. The day I met him, probably one of the best days of my life. I learned so much just sitting there for an hour." I gush.

While I ramble on about my favorite books and author, William just leans back and smiles, occasionally biting is lip and meeting my eyes.

I come to a stop and let out a gaspy laugh. "I'm sorry. I just get really excited talking about that." I say, my face reddening in embarrassment.

William shakes his head and puts his hand over mine on the books in my lap. "Don't be sorry for something that you're passionate about. I admire that about you, I really do."

I look down at our hands, my skin burning just from the contact and I could tell he feels it too. His eyes flash and he looks at me, swallowing hard.

Slowly, I pull my hand away and set the books down on the coffee table. "I should order that pizza now."

William just nods and settles back into the couch, looking away.

I pick up my phone and dial the number for the local pizza place, ordering a regular cheese and then a supreme pizza, grinning when I see William smile after I order it.

After hanging up, I sit down next to him again and grab a beer, twisting the top open and taking a sip. "Should be here in about thirty minutes."

William smiles and nods, wrapping an arm on the back of the couch. "Sounds great."

I play the movie and we settle in, a good space between us on the couch and it's comfortable. We're focused on the movie, a small bowl of popcorn between us (thanks to Will) and beers in our hands when there's a knock on the door.

I quickly get up, grabbing my wallet and unzipping it as I walk to the door, opening it some. "I think you said it was €12.45?"

"Holy shit."

I look up to see Bri standing there, two pizza boxes in her hands and her mouth wide open.

"'Holy shit indeed." William says, standing up.

I snatch the pizza boxes from her and set them on the coffee table. "What the bloody hell are you doing here?" I demand.

Bri stumbles in and bows low, then curtsies and continues looking down. "Hello, your majesty. I'm so sorry to intrude."

I blink and glance over at William who shakes his head, gently grabbing her arm and pulling her back to a standing position. "Please, just William. And it's quite alright, we have plenty of beer and now pizza."

Bri shakes her head and looks at me. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot about this. I just needed to come over." she says, her voice shaky.

I come over and wrap my arm around her shoulders, frowning some. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask.

William looks at us both and gestures for us to sit on the couch and we ease onto it, Bri leaning against the armrest, me in the middle and William beside me.

"I-it's Tom. He was in the shower and I looked through his phone, just hoping to look for a cute picture of us to send to my phone a-and then I saw them." she explains.

"What did you see?" I ask, brushing her thick hair back away form her face.

Bri looks at me, a tear slipping from her dark brown eyes. "'He had someone else's nudes on his phone! And he didn't even deny it! He just said 'She was there and you weren't.' and then he had the audacity of asking for money for a cab home! Who the fuck does he think he is?" she exclaims.

I shake my head, giving Bri a hug. "He's an asshole, a wanker. You deserve so much better. I always told you he looked like a fucking fish."

Bri giggles and nods, wiping her eyes and looking at me before looking over at William. "I'm still sorry to intrude. I think I'll just snag a beer and a slice and I'll be good." she says, smiling as she stands.

"Are you sure? You're more than welcome to stay." I tell her.

She shakes her head, grabbing the rest of the beer and the box with the cheese pizza. "I'll be fine, really. I think I just need some sleep." she says. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Love ya." And then she was gone.

It was silent in the apartment, aside from the movie until William spoke up.

"She took the beer."

"And the pizza." I retort.

"Well, shit."