The Strange Way That I Learned How Makeup Actually Helps A Girl

August 30th 2013

Hey guys, I know it's been a few days but I was busy, Emma and I have been hanging out a lot more recently and she has become quite a close friend of mines, she has told me a lot of things about her life but I don't really know if it's okay to write about them here so I don't think I should.

She told me that David from school asked her to go on a date and she said no and when I asked her why she said it was because he had warts on his finger, but why does that matter? Maybe David is really a good guy but he just has warts. I don't know maybe i just don't understand it yet, but hopefully Emma will help me to understand everything about boys and being a teenager, all I know is that you get periods and that sometimes girls like to cry about nothing but I don't think that part has happened to me yet

So I will just wait and see what will happen and hopefully I will start to become a real teenage girl soon and I hope that I will have Emma here for a while, because she has already helped me so much and it's only been like a week or so

Plus today Emma started doing my hair and put makeup on me, no one has ever done this for me before but she said that I looked gorgeous and that SHE WAS JEALOUS OF ME! Obviously this was a little bit of a surprise to me because I didn't ever think that there could be any girl on this entire planet who would be jealous of me, they're all so much prettier and not anywhere near as weird as I am, I kinda remind myself of the girl Carrie from the movie. So anyway when I looked into the mirror I just saw someone who was completely different, someone who was pretty, someone like the other cool girls at school.

Maybe I could start brushing my hair?

Bye guys I love you all so much

September 2nd 2013

Hey guys, I'm back and I'm excited for next weekend, Emma told me that her brother was coming to town for a week and she asked him to take us out for a drive in his convertible and he said he would, I haven't ever been in one before so I'm really excited! I always read and hear about how the wind blows your hair and it feels amazing but this is my first experience, anyway nothing that exciting has happened lately, Emma called me her best friend today which came as a surprise to me because what about her other friends back home? Did she forget about them? I guess it's just because she moved and she needs friends here too, she also said that I overthink things and I think I should try working on that, she also said that I am really pretty when she does my hair and makeup and that she wants me to try doing it for school one day and see what happens, she said she's going to dress me that day as well and that she's really excited, I like that she's making an effort with me and I will do this for her, it's not that big a deal is it?

Bye Guys I love you!

September 5th 2013

Today Emma is coming over and she promised that she was going to dress me and do my makeup before school, so I'm just waiting nervously in my room, I hope she comes soon because I feel like I'm going to be sick. I hope I do actually look pretty and that people in school won't laugh at me because that would be really embarrassing, I don't really know if I'm ready for this yet, I feel like I'm exposing myself too much.

Okay I was wrong I look really good, Emma done an amazing job, she even used straighteners to curl my hair and I was confused because why were they called straighteners when they could curl too? Emma said I was overthinking things again and then she continued doing my hair, then she done my makeup, she said that doing the eyes right was really important because they were the most attractive part, I don't know if this was true or not but that's what she said, she done them with a dark brown colour and it faded into white and she called it smokey eye, that sounded like a type of fish to me and I giggled a little. Emma had brought over a denim jacket and a leather skirt with a red plaid shirt, she rolled the skirt so it was halfway down my thighs, then she rolled up the denim jacket and tucked in the shirt, she gave me a pair of sunglasses and a pair of old black all stars and some tights, and I looked really cool when I saw myself in the mirror, she said I reminded her of Taylor Momsen, I don't know who that is but I bet she is cool, I'm really excited to go to school now.

Bye guys❤️

I got a lot of attention in school today, the people who noticed me were totally confused because I had changed so much overnight, the others all thought a new girl had come and Emma had "dropped that Sarah chick" which kinda hurt, did they think that Emma was that mean and was I really that bad? I got some weird looks from some people, like Stacey from my old biology class, she looked kind of angry at me but I didn't know why, Emma told me that she was just jealous because I was so pretty and she wasn't, I don't know but I liked the way I felt about myself today, I think I might wear different clothes more often instead of my old dungarees because it made me feel better about myself, a couple of the guys even whistled at me which was exciting because I hadn't ever had interest from guys before!

Emma asked me to go to the mall with her tomorrow, she was gonna get her brother to take us out on the drive to a mall in LA, I was really excited because Emma was really fashionable so I would feel like I had a stylist, I have to go now, I have a book to finish for English, I think it's my favourite class now, the teacher is lovely and he always asks how my day is going, I hope I get an A in his class.

Bye guys❤️

September 6th 2013

I'm so nervous about today, I haven't ever met Emma's brother so I don't know what he's like but I hope he's nice. I could only find a pair of baggy jeans and an old red hoodie to wear today, and I kinda feel worried about what he will think about me because I know that it can't look very good but that's why I'm going today because I actually want to change a little.

OH MY GOD GUYS

Today was so so amazing, the feeling of the wind in your hair really is brilliant like all those actresses and singers and authors were really telling the truth when they explained it, it was actually very calming considering the amount of noise it made.

After I got over being sad about not being in the car anymore I actually started to enjoy being in the mall, I got this amazing mocha latte from Starbucks and then we went shopping for clothes and shoes and hair stuff and hair products and makeup and Emma had a list of things on her phone, she told me that I suited plaid and skinny jeans and sunglasses looked really cool on me and then I got a pair of awesome boots that were platformed and spiked and Emma said she was jealous because she wished she had them. I also bought an album called Born To Die by Lana Del Rey and I think it will be good, Emma said that it was one of the best albums she ever heard and that I would really love it so I will listen to it obsessively now and I will probably love it, I should probably thank emma for helping me so much. Goodbye guys, I hope you're all okay and I love you all!!