34:Dream Hacker

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK SINCE VICTOR ARRIVED...

We were eating lunch now and sitting with me at my table were Mal, Ben, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Jane. We were conversing lightly laughing at something Jay said when Victor sat with us after getting his lunch carrying it on a tray. He smiled and said "Hey guys"

Suddenly everyone was silent. I smiled at him but everyone else just nodded nonchalantly at him. Seeing this, I sigh and motion Victor to sit next to me. The gang still couldn't warm up to him except for Ben. But then again, knowing Ben, he was just being nice to Victor.

We all eat our lunch in pindrop silence as no one seems to want to say anything. Its been like this for some time now. The gang was always awkward around Victor but I can't wrap my head around the thought of why. There was an evident aura of gloom and suspicion passing along them.

In an attempt to break the tension, Ben tries to make a conversation.

"So Victor right?" Ben asked him. To that Victor nodded his said.

"What's your last name?" Ben further questioned.

Victor looked like he was giving it a thought. He glared at his food looking to be in full on concentration. The group looked at him incredously. He couldn't remember his last name? Victor sighs then faces Ben.

"Well, the funny thing is, I don't remember. All I knew when I woke up is that I am Victor and I needed to look for Hyacinth" he answered propping his elbow on the table and resting his chin on his palm picking on his food.

Ben frowned at this. "Don't you remember anything else?" He asked.

Victor sighed. "Well, I remember I was a Captain. I had a hook on my hand, and since I am reborn I guess I don't have that anymore. And I remember I died because my ship got caught in a storm"

Just then, Henry joins us at our table with his food on his tray and his girlfriend alongside him.

"Hey Henry!" I greeted him with a smile. He smiled back like the ray of sunshine he usually was.

"Hey Hyacinth!"

He sat beside me and his girlfriend sat beside him. People would say we act pretty friendly compared to other exes but we did break up on pretty good terms. Then, right beside me, I feel Victor tense up. I glance at him to find him a bit pale and his breathing a bit ragged. His fists were clenched, holding on tight to the edge of his seat. He was also perspiring a bit nervously. He fixed his blank stare on his food.

With a concerned expression etched on my face, I put a gentle hand on his shoulder which he jolted at. He glances at me with his eyes full of worry.

"Are you okay?" I whisper to him in a gentle voice. This seemed to soothe him as his tense muscles relaxed a bit and his shoulders drooped down. He sighed lightly then nodded silently before saying "Don't worry, Im fine" he tried to smile but it looked strained.

Henry noticed Victor as he glanced beside me. He pat Victor's shoulder with a bit too much energy and force that made Victor hit the table in front of him, making the table jolt a bit.

Victor gulped a bit and I could sense his tense and worried aura come back as Henry greeted him with a smile.

"Hey dude! Haven't seen you around. Are you new? How long have you been here?" He asked Victor.