Chapter 2

One month after the examination, Fatima was coming back from the stream when she saw Maryam who was coming back from the market.
"Hi Fati", Maryam said rubbing her palms together with an air of satisfaction as she dropped her bag.Maryam, your face looks bright
" I don't understand",Fati replied. Well, eem my younger sister came back from school yesterday and told me that the entrance examination result is out. She said that our headmaster announced it yesterday. She also said that our set performed wonderfully well. She said that we should come on Monday to collect our result slips"
"That's good news", Fati exclaimed excitedly and both of them embraced themselves.
On Monday morning, the three friends went to school to collect their results,they also met some of their friends Hussaina & Aisha who were among the most brilliant girls in their class.The students gathered and the headmaster gave them their result slips which showed their scores and also the names of the various schools they were posted to.
Fati,Maryam, Hussaina and Aisha were posted to Al-Azan college Lokoja,while Hauwa was posted to gifted school Abuja.
The five friends were not happy because they were not posted to the same school.
" it's the will of Allah,he knows why we are not posted to the same school as we had wished" Fati said. As the five friends were going home, they were happy for their results.
"I will like to be a doctor" Aisha said. They all hailed her "Doctor Aisha" "I will be a politician" Hauwa said
"I will be a nurse", Maryam said.
" I will be a pharmacist" Hussaina said.
"I will be a lawyer" so that I will be walking majestically whenever am going to the court.
"Barrister Fatima" they all hailed her. They were all glad and they prayed that Allah would make their dreams come true. Fati got home and gave her parent her common entrance examination result slip,they were happy and the next day,her mother went to Al-Azan college and got the prospectus. She rallied round and bought all the things listed in the prospectus. She bought a box,locker,desk,chair, uniforms, sandals among other items. Her mother asked her to put her uniform and see if it would fit her. Fati put on the uniform and started to walk proudly imitating the secondary school students she use to see.

#I dedicated this chappy to my cute little niece Ummu suliem
I luv yah so much
Pls comment
Share
Vote