1

She'd been sitting in the car for an hour, questioning, waiting. She had expected him to come charging out of the house, promising her that he'd never do it again. That she was the one person he needed in his life, but he never came. She sat, staring at the front door, expecting it to slam open only for his silhouette to appear not long after. For him to come charging to the window on the driver's side, calling for her to come back to him. Yet, he never came. Her hands tightened around the steering wheel, her knuckles going white due to the grip.

She didn't want to cry, she couldn't cry, not now after everything. She was a strong woman, she didn't want to cry over some boy who had taken the trust she had placed in him and destroyed it. This was not like some cliche where she came home too early from school and found her boyfriend sleeping with someone else. Instead, he'd been the one to message her. He asked her to come home early, that he had a surprise waiting for her. So, she'd packed up her desk and drove home as fast as possible just to get back to him. Was he in a bad place? Or was it something a lot more exciting?

Instead, she was met with the scene she'd never believed could happen to her. They'd been high school sweethearts, together since the second year. He was lying on his back, staring at the door as if he knew the moment she would walk through.

There was something in his brown eyes as he stared at someone he'd promised to spend the rest of his life with. A smirk lying across his lips as an unknown woman bounced on top of him. Her shrill moans piercing through her ears. y/n, she didn't make a noise, she didn't yell, she didn't throw things, instead, she backed away from the door, eyes blank before grabbing her handbag from the counter where she had placed it moments ago, before walking almost calmly out of the front door and into the driver's seat. That was how she ended up here.

The light was still on upstairs as she watched the shadows from within moving. Should she go inside? No, it would only cause problems. Instead, she started the car. Her mum would surely let her stay for as long as she needed. Her father would be more than happy to collect her stuff for her.

y/n knew she had enough money for her own place, she worked at a good company which would give her the time she needed off to be in the right state of mind to begin working again. So, she started the car. Carefully, y/n drove down the road heading into the main motorway where her journey would really begin.

"That ass." y/n growled whilst angrily racking her fingers through her h/c hair. The sun was still out, providing a gorgeous sunset accompanied by some settling music y/n had placed on to block out the noise of her thoughts cursing him out. She wasn't going to lie to herself, some part of her was confused about the timing.

Lately, he'd been seemingly dropping hints of a proposal. Instead, he sleeps with someone else?! A complete full circle to what she could have ever expected. It was also getting close to Christmas. y/n had always loved Christmas and it was one of the times she loved being with him most. They hung up decorations together and always made sure to visit both sides of the family alongside all the couple things she'd seen people doing with each other on social media. Maybe the reason he'd done this to her was because of how much pressure she put on their relationship? No! She didn't want to give him excuses for what he'd done.

y/n had been driving for two hours, her phone was dead, of course, and she had completely lost her way in the dark. In daylight, she would have stood a better chance of finding her parents house, but the night's eery gloom did not help her journey.

Her mind trailed across to the many phone calls she had with her mother, about the snow and some of the places which her mother found most beautiful. Maybe she could find some of them and figure out her location from that. God, why was everything so against her? Did she do something wrong to deserve this?

"How dramatic." y/n slightly laughed to herself before pulling over to the side of the road to try and figure things out. She grabbed her coat from the back of the car and made her way outside into the freezing cold in hopes of finding some kind of sign to point her in any direction. Her hands shook due to the cold night air prickling against her soft skin. She'd been pacing up and down, searching for some kind of indication of a closeby town where she could at least crash for the night, except she'd found nothing.

"God, I might end up having to sleep in my car." y/n slouched her shoulders with defeat, but as she climbed into her car, a song was playing which she instantly found a sensation of determination filling her. As if she were a character in a television show, using their last inch of energy to defeat the enemy, but in her case, it was just continuing to drive for a little while longer. It was not something to write a chronicle about. So, she did just that, started her car and began driving down the winding roads.

Trees towered above the road, covering the star-speckled sky creating a tunnel. When it finally opened up, y/n realised she had driven to a point of some kind of mountain. The road was thin, covered in ice and the very edge was blocked off by metal panels to prevent cars from slipping off the side and crashing into whatever was below. She sped down the road, fear being the main cause of her stupidly reckless driving.

It all hit her at once, the betrayal and the way her heart ached. As the tears clouded her eyes only for a sudden flash to blur her vision even more. Her hands flew up to her face in some kind of effort to shield her eyes from the glaring light.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. The wheel spun frantically, twisting itself in all manners of directions sending the car following. y/n tried to grab it, to prevent the car from heading towards the edge which grew ever closer.

Muttered pleas escaped her lips as she hurriedly slammed her feet onto different pedals in hopes one of them would do something. As she slammed the brake down once more in some final attempt to do something, anything, the car threw itself against the panels which blocked her from the impending doom which stared back at her.

The panels split as if they were made of paper rather than metal. Her e/c eyes were filled with tears which streamed down her cheeks as dread and panic set in. The tip of her car was hanging over the side of the cliff edge, snow pouring down around her. She tried to push herself back against her seat, thinking about how in movies people adjusted their weight to keep the car balanced.

Nothing happened. The car just remained there. If she opened the door, she'd fall. If she climbed into the back, the car would fall. She was trapped. Her mind raced with thoughts and feelings before everything went numb. There was no way she could get out of this. In the end, she was bound to die in this situation. This was the end of the road for her and the longer she sat there fearing what could happen was time she was torturing herself.

Taking a final deep breath, she closed her eyes, thinking of her mother and father before leaning forward just a couple of inches. Those inches were just enough to send the nose of the car toppling over the edge.

I really hope you enjoyed this part. This is mostly the introduction of how you end up encountering the group and what would send you into such a remote place.

Anyway, please vote, comment and share.

I'll be updating very soon as I want to keep this one going and bring this account back to life.