FORENSIC BALLISTICS (Part 1)

PIONEERS OF FIREARMS

John M. Browning - wizard of the modern firearms and pioneered the first breech-loading single shot rifles which was adopted by Winchester.

Samuel Colt -  patented the first practical revolver and maker of the Colt Peace Maker, a famous revolver in the history.

Henry Deringer- he gave his namr to whole classes of rifles and pistols.

Alexander John Forsyth - Father of the Percussion Powder.

Major Uzeil Gal - an Israel Army who designed UZI in the year 1950.

Colonel Calvin H. Goddard, M.D. - Father of Modern Ballistics, OS, US Army.

John C. Garand- Designed and invented the Semi automatic US Rifle cal. 30 M1 Garand.

George Hyde - a well known expert in the field of SMG/grease gun, developed in 1941. M3A1 (USA)

Gordon Ingram- invented the Ingrams. Designed in 1964. (USA)

Michael Kalashnikov - designed the AK 47 (Automat Kalashnikova 47), adopted by the Russian Army in 1951.

George Luger - designed the Luger MP08 (Germany).

John M. Marlin - founder of Marlin Firearms company.

Paul Mauser- invented and designed Mauser M1912. (Germany)

James Wolfe Ripley - stimulated the development of the model 1855 rifle-musket, the first arm of its kind ever produced.

Eliphalet Remington - one of the early rifle makers.

Elisha King Root -designed a machinery for making Colt firearms.

Horace Smith - founded the great Smith and Wesson, pioneered the making of the breech- loading rifle.

L. C. Smith - developed shotgun bearing his name, (now called Ithaca Gun Company)

Eugene Stoner - designed the US M16 Armalite under licensed by Colt Company from July 1959 onwards.

John T. Thompson- developed in the course of World War 1 the Thompson M1A1 and model 1928 A1 (USA). Pioneered the making of Thompson SMG.

Daniel B. Wesson - associates of Smith in the manufacture of new cartridges and revolvers.

David "Carbine"Williams - maker of the first known Carbine.

Carl Walter - designed theWlter MP38.

Oliver F. Winchester - one of the earliest rifle and pistol markers.

Benjamin Robins - Father of Modrrn Gunnery. A British Engineer who conducted many experiments in interior Ballistics.

Niccolo Tartaglia - an Italian mathematician who published work on gunnery, claimed that no part of the path of a projectile could be a straight line and that the greater the velocity of the projectiles, the flatter its path.

Harold Eugene Edgerton - the development of high-speed photography and of the stroboscope by the American Engineer and the others has led to greater understanding in all three branches of Ballistics.

---
Next will be the Important Dates in the Evolution of Firearms. See yah.