0.6

Space. Cont.

"Rowan.."

A soft knock snapped the girl out of her nail-biting, foot-tapping nervous breakdown. She regained her composure, sucking in a deep breath and flattening out her shirt. With a fake smile and a welcoming voice, she called. "In here."

Peter's bare face peaked through the doorway, a subtle smile tugging at the corner's of his soft lips as he caught sight of his beautiful girlfriend sitting peacefully on the floor in the back of the ship. He knew she was upset; despite her upturned lips, which faltered ever so slightly every now and then, and the chipper tone in her voice, he knew her mind was a complete mess. Doctor Strange had terrified her, added an extra set of weights to her four-hundred pound barbell of stress and anxiety. And Tony and Peter made sure he knew it.

"What?" She whispered, her face seeming to grow pale. "I-um- what?"

"What the hell are you going on about, wizard?" Tony coaxed.

"She possesses a power that I've never seen before. Not even out of the other witch. She's stronger, more diligent. She has the capability of wiping out an entire universe if she wanted to." Doctor Strange replies.

"Woah- wait. So you're saying this five-foot, one-hundred pound, eighteen year old kid is Thanos in girl form?" Tony asks, utter disbelief evident on his features.

"Correct."

"I'm gonna be sick." Rowan whispers, her hands clutching her aching stomach. She faltered a bit, catching herself on Peter before she started walking away without as much as a protest. Her powers were killing her.

"Rowan, wait.."

She waved off her boyfriend, one hand still nursing her turning tummy, "Pete, I'm fine, I just need some time, okay?"

And they hadn't seen her since.

"You okay?"
Peter took a seat beside her, letting his hand rub soothing circles on her back.

She lets out a breath, nodding slightly. "I am. It just caught me by surprise and my body couldn't handle it... either could my powers."
Her feet started to pick up once again, tapping swiftly against the cool, metal ground. Her jaw clenched, her nails digging into her palms. She was growing livid, a feeling of complete disarray enveloping her body; tingles and burning cascading across her arms, leaving tiny bumps in its path.

"Hey, hey, look at me-" Peter knew exactly what to do; what she needed... comfort. "Rowan, look at me baby."

Rowan's eyes, flashing purple, met her boyfriend's in a look of desperation. She was trapped, drowning inside her own mind and she couldn't escape; she couldn't breathe. Peter, placing her hand flat against her own chest, spoke softly. "You feel that? You're still alive, you're still breathing, your heart is still beating. These feelings are your body's way of telling you you need to take a breathe, close your eyes and ground yourself."

"I-I can't!"

"Yes you can." Peter placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, resting his own there. He closed his eyes, savoring her presence, before guiding her through her episode. "Close your eyes, Rowan, and focus on me. Focus on the ground, the coolness of the metal and the sounds around you. That's it.. deep breath in... and out."
It took no less than a minute for the purple to slowly disperse, the familiar dark color appearing once again. She let her palms fall to his cheek, leaning in for a grateful kiss.

"Thank you, Spidey."

"Oh-uh, yeah-yeah, of course. I just uh-"

A chuckle escaped her lips, shaking her head, "it amazes me that you still get flustered whenever I kiss you..."