NaNo Day 6 - Nope, done with titles.

I woke up the next morning with a migraine. I closed all of the blinds because the heat from the sun burned. After I climbed back in bed, I pulled the extra pillow over my head and left it there, trying to even block out the sound of Chelise's soft snoring. The only time she actually liked mornings was when we were heading out for a run, and it was not one of those days. By some miracle, I managed to go back to sleep despite the migraine and stayed asleep until Chelise lied on top of me to beg for breakfast. I had hoped the migraine would have gone away after some more sleep, but I was wrong.

Sighing, I physically rolled out of bed and onto the floor. Running my fingers down my face, I shook my head in an attempt to banish my drowsiness. Chelise came to sit in front of me, licking my face. I shoved her away with a groan, stood up, and walked down the hallway to feed her. After dropping food in her bowl, I pulled my personal phone off its charger on the kitchen table and lowered to the couch with the flip phone in m hand. Someone had called me yesterday afternoon, and my phone rang once more that night. Same number, interesting.

When the phone rang again in my hand, I shrieked and ended the call a couple seconds after the first ring. The noise hurt my pounding head; I wanted nothing to do with anyone, but I checked the number anyway. Kat. Probably checking in to see whether I was as hungover as she was. I was not because I had been careful. The migraine was unrelated, or at least I thought it was. I would call her back later. Right now, I needed to redial the number which had called me twice last night.

Memorizing the numbers as my phone said them aloud, I quickly typed them in and pressed "Call" before I could forget the number. I had a good memory, but the migraine was making it hard for me to think straight. Someone picked up after two rings, but the other end of the line remained silent. There was only one person who I knew would wait for the other person to talk first.

"Thaddeus?" I asked.

"Where were you last night?"

"The Philharmonic," I said. "If this is a business call, it's really going to have to wait till tomorrow. Or at least...later today, when I haven't felt like I've been run over by a truck."

"Are you hung over?"

"Would you care if I was?" I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead. "Don't answer that. I already know the answer."

"I would care if you're working on my projects in an inebriated state," he said.

"I just have a migraine. A particularly bad one. I'll be fine; I just need to take it easy." I opened my eyes. "So you figured out my business card. I feel I must comment on the fact it took you longer than I thought it would."

"I had—"

"More important things to do," I finished for him with a smile.

"Yes."

"Did you want something, or are you calling to have an actual human conversation?" I leaned back so my back was up against the couch cushion, head on the armrest. "I fear I'm really not in the mood for either."

"We can touch base tomorrow," he said. "Rest today. That's an order, Miss Hamill."

"Aww, that's sweet, you almost sound concerned." I smiled.

"You're coming close to crossing a line, Miss Hamill."

"And yet you haven't hung up." I smiled again. "Admit it; I make your life more interesting."

"I will never admit something that isn't true."

"Oh, but you just did." I rolled over onto my stomach.