Chapter One

Three years after Kenny died, Clem, Aj, and I were walking in the forest. We were trying to hide from a horde of walkers. Finally, we had found an abandonded trailer. Quickly, I sat Aj on the bed while Clementine tried to shut the door. Walkers pushed against it like a wave, but I turned around and leaned a bookshelf against the door. We sat beside Aj as the walkers passed.

Aj suddenly started crying, I quickly brought my hand up to his mouth and whispered, "It's alright little man, we'll find you food soon enough."

Clem glanced at me in admiration. Ever since Kenny died, I made it my duty to make sure Aj was safe. Of course, Clem did the same but I was more protective than she was. Suddenly the three of us heard a woman on the other side of the door.

"Please let me in!" She called, "I don't want any trouble, just don't let these walkers kill me!"

Clementine and I glanced at each other, she shrugged, as if giving me the choice to open the door or not. I decided not to, since I didn't know or trust the woman. Even though I didn't help her, the woman pushed through the door and shut it behind her. I raised my pistol to her head while Clementine held Aj close.

"I don't want any trouble." the woman repeated, raising her hands in submission. "I just want to help you."

I smirked. "What did you have in mind?"

For a while, Clementine, Aj, and I were in a group of people who called themselves the New Frontier. Even though we had gained their trust, Clem and I soon made the biggest mistake of our lives.

We were sneaking around the camp with Aj, because the other members refused to treat our baby boy. So Clem and I thought stealing some medicine would do the best.

"Clem, (Y/N), don't." Dr. Lingard whispered, as Clementine and I were about to inject Aj. "It'll be wasted on Aj."

"That's what you think." I hissed, taking the needle from Clem and calmly injecting Aj with it.

Sadly though, Aj started crying as Clem and I attempted to run away. The rest of the Frontier surrounded us, while Clem hugged Aj to her chest and I placed my arm on the two of them.

"You both are done here." David hissed, "You broke our rules, and violated our trust."

Suddenly Aj was ripped from Clem's arms. He started bawling as Dr. Lingard held him tightly.

"Monsters!" Clem screamed, as she tried to push through the people to Aj.

"We're not leaving without him." I hissed, as David chuckled.

"Well, we're not letting you go out there with him in the freezing cold. He'll die!"

"At least let them say goodbye, David." Ava whispered, "We owe them that much at least."

David rolled his eyes, "Fine."

Quickly Clementine and I approached the crying Aj and kissed his forehead.

"We'll come back for you," Clem said, "we promise."

I wiped away a tear, "Don't forget us, little guy."

And with those final words, we were pulled away from Aj, and pushed out into the freezing cold with a bit of supplies that Ava sneakily gave us.

Clementine were huddled together, still freezing even though we had went around the small trailer and patched all of the holes and even lit a fire to try and keep warm.

"I thought that things were going well the last three years." Clem blurted out, as I finally notice the tears running down her face. "Why would they do that? We'd trusted them."

I sighed, "I think we can only trust each other now, Clem."

I laid my head on top of hers, as we both fell into a distressed sleep and I dreamed that Lee was still alive, and that he was here with us now, helping.

From then on, Clementine and I searched for Aj.