Chapter 5

What a Pain...

"Kuu-chan! Breakfast is ready!"

Saiki woke up and was all ready to eat breakfast, especially his delightful coffee jelly. Yet he doesn't want to get out of his bed, or go to school. The reason is obviously about what happened with him and Teruhashi yesterday.

[ The day just started and I can already tell that today will be a disastrous day. Maybe I'll skip breakfast and school today. ]

"Kuu-chan! Your coffee jelly is ready!"

[ Now, let's get ready for school and eat breakfast. ]

__________

"So, Kuu-chan. Are you gonna go to Kokomi-chan's house today so you can walk to school together?" Kurumi suddenly asked while the three of them are eating breakfast. Saiki already expected that his parents will act this way.

*No.* Saiki straightforwardly answered, as he took a bite of his coffee jelly having a neutral face turn into a slight smile.

"Ehh?! Why Kusuo? I thought you two are already a lovey dovey couple..." Kuniharu uttered, and as he said those words, his wife nodded three times.

Saiki was kind of annoyed, no, he IS annoyed having to be teased like this by his parents in the middle of his dessert time. Saiki rolled his eyes and sighed like he usually do.

* Good grief. What makes you think we became a couple? What a pain...* He said with an annoyed face.

"Argh, because of yesterday of course!" Kuniharu exclaimed standing up from his seat.

"Kokomi-chan confessed to you last night right? And you walked with her too!" Kurumi added.

*Don't make it sound like I'm the one who wants to walk with her.*

"You had a time with her alone Kusuo!"

"Yeah Kuu-chan!"

*Thanks for the meal.* Saiki just said, as he stood up from his seat, grabbed his bag, and started walking away.

"H-Hey don't run away!" Kuniharu told his son, who's now near the door and before he can repeat his sentence, Saiki already opened it.

"Go to Kokomi-chan's house!" Kurumi yelled. Both her and her husband desperately want their son and Teruhashi together. They're giving them their full support.

[ Yeah, the support I never asked for. ]

Before he took his step going out of the house, he sensed someone familiar waiting for him outside.

"You must go to Kokomi-chan's house, okay Kuu-chan?" His mom repeated.

[ I don't need to. She's already here. ]

Saiki didn't bother to answer back and just closed the door.

"Oh Kuu-chan." Kurumi said, as her cheeks turned red. "He's so cute when he's embarrassed" Kurumi and Kuniharu simultaneously thought.

[ Don't get the wrong idea, good grief. ]

Saiki continued on walking. And just like he was expecting, the lass was really in front of their house. Trembling because of nervousness. Her hand was stuck just pointing at the doorbell, not knowing if she should push it or not. And as thoughts of how anxious she is are continuously running on her mind, she didn't notice Saiki was already there outside, looking at her.

*Let's hurry.* Saiki said, opening the gate.

"Eh--?!"

Teruhashi's heart jumped all the way to her fingertips. As she was so surprised by how Saiki just suddenly spoke with her, she didn't manage to stop herself from stuttering because of shock.