Chapter 12

A constant beeping sound woke me. It took me 5 minutes  to gain my vision. I looked and seen Adrian talking to a doctor. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying because my hearing was coming back slowly.

"The detective will be here in a couple of minutes" I heard the doctor said leaving.

Adrian sat in a chair with his head falling into his hand and his elbows rested on his shoulders.

"Drae"I managed to say in a raspy tone.

His head popped up slowly. He kept blinking and wiping his eyes to hide the tears.

"What's wrong" I sat up growing concerned.

"Why you didn't tell me?"

"Tell you what"

"How I'm supposed to do my job as a big brother... you can't even trust me"

"Drae tell me what's going on"

"Why you ain't tell me he raped you" He looked towards me but didn't make eye contact.

"I'm a kill Keion" He kept saying.

"How you know what happened,  Keion didn't do anything "

he stood up " You defending that nigga? The doctor told me he said it was signs of it!"

"I'm not defending him"

"fuck it" he got up and started to leave.

Hot tears rolled down my eyes "i-it was my dad he... came home one night drunk and baby boy seen... Keion hit him" I said my words were getting tangled up due to me crying.

Drae was now close to the bed. "I can't understand you mumbling"

"MY DAD RAPED ME" I yelled.I could feel my face steamed and wet from the uncontrollable flow of tears.

"I'll take it from here" I seen a short haired black lady wearing a brown coat.

*
*
*

"Then what happened next"

"After he collapsed I think from drinking too much.... I grabbed my little brother and we left"

"So you just left you dad their unconscious?" she asked writing.

"I mean yea it was a chance for me to escape I didn't care
about what happened to him i just ran"

"so let me get this straight... you were home alone your father came drunk stripped you and raped you and your little brother watched them you dad randomly collapses and you left"

"uh yea"

"You left the apartment naked why not go to the neighbors?

"Because I didn't think of that damn"

"mmh ok continue"

"I went to a friend house and called my brother who I didn't tell i got raped"

"Ok why you didn't tell your brother"

"I didn't want to"

"Is it because he harms you he did seem a little aggressive?"

"NO my brother loves me he would not harm me even though we fight and argue"

"is that it? that's all the info" She said with a nonchalant expression.

"Yes"

"Before you said your father name was Rodney"

"Yes are you done?"

"Well your father is in our custody on trespassing allegations and manslaughter..."