Something's Off

It was another recording day at EHS, everyone was up to their usual work. The techs were working on a music videos and the song writers where making music as normal. Later that day, a new big project was announced and the stage was being set into motion. Props where in the making, lyrics were being looked over, sound and music work given the turn around and two vocals where being picked out. Everything had to been looked over a few times before the director was happy with the end result.

      "Alright, we should be good to go for this song. Hopefully the fans with be happy to see this one," the director said. "After the others, people still have their mixed reactions and did expect what was coming. But I will say, working on this has brought on a lot of new grounds to play with."

      "Should we call them in and get started, sir?" an assistant asked.

      "Bring them in and have the tech-manager give you their chips before coming in. It will save us a bit of time to do a quick check before they enter," he said. "Saves them time with programming and us having waiting for said programming to be finished."

      "Very well sir," she bows and heads out.

      Three doors down the hall, she knocked and entered a break room or "fun area" as it's put. A large room with a flat-screen including a sofa, two arm chairs, coffee table, game stations, and mini bar toward the back. Think of it as an upgraded break room to waste the day in. Great for meeting up before long filming and recording sections.

      So far in the room we have Rin and Len playing Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, Kaito reading a book on the couch behind them and Gumi having some lunch with Teto. Only turning for a moment when hearing the room door open.

      "Rin and Kaito; we are ready and waiting for you both," the assistant announced, looking up from her clipboard.

      "Wait one minute!" Rin shouted before hitting Len with a red shell. Earning her first place and him fifth. "Yawhooo!!"

      "Uuggghhhh! No fair!" Len groaned, throwing controller down. "It was low on battery anyway."

      "Suuure it was, whatever helps you sleep at night!" Rin taunted.

      "Ahem!" the assistant cleared her throat loudly. Getting everyone's attention. "If we are done, I shall be needed you Rin and Kaito for today's work."

      "Coming, coming!" she shouted standing up with a stretch. "We can have rematch afterwards. Will that make you happy, Len?"

      Len sighed, seating back on the couch. "Fiiine, I guess we can do that. I stand by my word about my controller. Plus you just got lucky that last lap. I'm just thankful it wasn't a blue shell. I'd throw give my controller the beating of a lifetime if that happened."

      Rin giggled, remembering the last time that had happened was when he played against Neru that time. She got in so much trouble and banned from using any of the systems for a month. Since then, everyone has been a bit more careful with raging at games. But with you have multiplier games like Mario Kart and Party, that vow is a hard one to keep. Thankfully Len had enough self control not to throw the controller at the TV or floor.

      Meanwhile Kaito is chuckling to himself in hearing them and watched their game play a bit. He places his ice cream shaped bookmark in his book before getting up and placing it on the coffee table in front on him. The same table being behind the twins. He walked over as Rin stayed back and continued taunting Len about they'll game. Only stopping when hearing another loud throat clearing from the assistant.

      "If you are quite done now, the director is waiting for the BOTH of you," she said sternly.

      Sheepishly, Rin walked over and took her music chip. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."