7| BATS N RATS N PET (?) CATS

YOONGI'S CHIPPED BURGUNDY NAILS catch Taehyung's attention as they sit in the small hollow that the witch calls home

It's cozy, that's for sure, despite there being vines and moss growing on the inside and cracks in the cobbled walls out front, it has a small fireplace and an even smaller vicinity, so it all evens out to be pretty relaxing. Especially from where he's sat, a fur blanket draped over his shoulders as Yoongi toils over a cauldron, his small white cat stretching between his legs.

"She's pretty," The human finally breaks the silence, rubbing the softest part of the comforter over his top lip. It smells like spiced apples and a warm hug.

Yoongi jumps at the sudden noise, head whipping around to look for a possible intruder inside of his humble abode. "Who? What— Who's pretty?" He asks, eyes slightening as though there's any possible place to hide amongst the mason jars of ingredients that can't be legally owned.

"Your cat," Taehyung giggles, a sound yoongi hasn't heard for what feels like millennia. That's impossible, though. He's only 23. If he was any older he'd for sure have gone mad and created a curse to kill off the planet already. Well, there's still time, he supposes.

"My cat?" Comes the witches reply with an eyebrow raised in Taehyung's direction. Is that not an okay question to ask? Is it offensive to witches, or has Yoongi's invisibility spell just gone wrong and he's still embarrassed about it? Surely Taehyung wouldn't judge him. He thinks that the kitty is much cuter when it's visible. "Malin is not my cat. She is a familiar. She doesn't belong to anyone, she's her own cat."

If it was anyone else, the insistence and premise of Yoongi's argument would make Taehyung snort, but something about hearing it from Yoongi is nothing short of endearing. The way his eyebrows knit together and he speaks as though he deserves the ear of every person in this restless city.

"Oh, sorry," Taehyung bows his head bashfully, not that Yoongi's looking at him anymore as he's preoccupied with the pouch he's rummaging in on the wooden desk that's piled high with thick books. Some of them lay open, others have bookmarks, but not a single one of them looks younger than a hundred years old.

Finally Yoongi stands up, the pouch in one hand and Malin in the other, and he comes to perch on the edge of his bed where Taehyung is. But instead of showing the human what he intended to, his lower lip juts out into a pout and he holds his cat— no, the cat — forwards.

And then the witch shakes his head. "Apologise to Malin."

Taehyung's quite sure that his heart just did something alike combustion, because in the blink of an eye he's grovelling at a cat's feet just to please the pouty witch with messy blue hair and a dwelling that smells like an old library.

It gets Yoongi to smile, however, so Taehyung feels less foolish for pretending Malin has any idea what he's on about.

"Do you wanna see them up close, then?" The bluenette begins again, vague as ever, cat long forgotten once he's looking back into Taehyung's pretty eyes. "The stars. I can make them move just for you. You said that that's what you wanted, right?"